AFIII Analog Vs Digital : Boss Metal Zone (Best Pedal Ever Made)

LucasLeCompte

Experienced

We all know that the metal zone is THE best pedal ever made, and the axe fx is that much better for having it as an option. I wanted to see just how well the modeled pedal stacked up to the real pedal, so I put them head to head. Just be careful that your face doesnt get melted off from the massive tones of the metal zone.

This video has inspired me to dig this pedal out of my closet and throw it out the window

I have to confess that I also had a Metal Zone. Now it looks like it was in a past lifetime... Was I too young then or am I too old now? :rolleyes:

BTW: don't throw the MZ through the window. Here are some useful tips to recycle it. like using it as a buffer, a mute-switch, or modding your own pedal:

https://reverb.com/news/in-defense-of-the-boss-metal-zone

I think the same people that think Metal Zone is the best pedal are still playing Peavey Valveking heads through Behringer 4x12 cabs. :D

Wouldn't it be better to have the real pedal in a loop so you're not hitting the Axe-Fx input with the pedal? Does it even matter?

Um, great demo of a sound I really never cared for. I didn't own an overdrive or dirt pedal in the 90's - was using my ADA MP1 rig and stereo 2 X 12's with a Quadraverb and a Tom Sholz rack mount chorus. Basically, a Paul Gilbert time machine, now! Still have all that, except for the Sholz gear that I sold all at once, but it is time for me to let that all go.

Switched to Fractal 6 years or so ago, and haven't looked back. (Tom Scholz might have phrased it "Don't look back!")

Back
Top Bottom