Analog vs Digital 101 -Thanks FAS!!!

Chewie5150

Fractal Fanatic
What is the difference between analog and digital and why do I care for guitar effects pedals?

Thought I'd share this article. You know those moments when you know something but you really don't? I was curious enough to revisit what exactly the difference was between analog and digital. More importantly i gained a basic understanding of the inherent challenges of translating the nuances of analog behavior to the digital realm. I think this was the first time I really began to appreciate the level of work and genius that went into the design of the Axe and more importantly, what separates it from the other players on the playground. I also feel more justified in all the coin i have dropped for this gear knowing we are getting top notch components e.g, A/D converters.

Thanks Cliff and team for your passion and commitment to this product!!!

From the article: Think about the A string (2cd string), 440Hz; if you go up an octave 880Hz, then another 1760Hz, then another 3520Hz on your guitar, you are at the 17th fret of the high E string. Kind of interesting, as you go up 12 frets, you half the length of your string and double the frequency.

Kind of interesting tuning. Double octave guitar? I like my A string at standard 110Hz

Yeah that caught my eye as well. More or less was the basic points about digital samples, bitrate/resolution that I appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom