Analog to Digital Coverter in the Axe FX 2

wyzyguy

Inspired
I am currently recording direct via ( hard not to type Vai) the AXFX2 usb to Mac usb. I am not currently recording anything that has been mic'd up but I am thinking it is about time. Are the Axe FX II's converters high quality. Sounds good to me so I guess that is my own answer but I would like to hear from others.

Question: Would I loss or gain anything in conversion by adding an audio interface for direct recording or mic'd recording? Can anyone recommend an audio interface. I am running an Imac with Mavericks (latest update), AXFX2 with FW 14.x (latest update). I am currently researching the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Also.. Any input on a mic for recording acoustic guitar, my horrible vocals, violin & my daughters flute? (No " This one time at band camp" replies please.

Thanks

If you get an interface with SPDIF you will lose nothing.
There's a huge selection of interfaces at many price points so depends on your budget.

IMHO not much you can go wrong with on the Focusrite, I use the Scarlett 18i8 and it covers all bases for me.

Back
Top Bottom