Analog pedal with AxeFx 2XL+?

Billbill

Power User
Hi guys quick question. My setup is my new axe, two M- Audio av40 monitors. Presets obviously running amp/cab sims. With running high gain amp sims, I can't nor do I see a need to run any OD blocks with the amps I'm using. I tried at first but none sound good with them amps. Now, I have a swollen pickle fuzz that I ran with my old analog rig and I love that thing so my question is:
How do I integrate my analog fuzz to work with my axe unit/axe patches? Help lol.

So run it between the guitar and axe? Is there anything I'd need to do to the preset? I've read somewhere on here during my research that said something about using a block and assigning a "thing" to it? lol sorry not sure what the word is there.

If you're putting the Pickle between your guitar and the Axe, there's not much to configure. Just don't forget to stomp the Pickle when you want it on, and stomp it again when you want it to be bypassed.

You might need to adjust the Input Gain in the I/O menu if the Pickle boosts the level a lot. Make sure it's not clipping the input when on.

You might need to adjust the Input Gain in the I/O menu if the Pickle boosts the level a lot. Make sure it's not clipping the input when on.

This is all I do when I run a boost into the axe fx, which I do on the regular. Just treat it like a normal amp, otherwise.

I think you can use the fx loop on the back also, but then you need to use the fx loop block or something, maybe thats what you're talking about? I tried it once a while ago but I didn't like it (probably set it up wrong), so I just go into the front.

Yeah, I run a Dyna Comp, Soul Food, and Big Muff in front of my Axe no problem.

I put the Dispatch Master and Ditto in the loop.

Great thanks a bunch for chiming in guys! I'll try that! Even though I love the axe I got one or 2 pedals I just can't do without, just yet anyway. Had a board with 9.

Back
Top Bottom