An idiot Question

Tannhauser

Inspired
I'm sure this is really simple but I'd love it if someone could give me a little help with this.

I'd like to keep the presets on the Axe until I've decided what I'm doing with it.

When I edit a sound, is it possible to copy and paste it to another place?

I just tried editing a sound, clicked to a different scene, hit save and everything on that preset is overwritten.

What should I have done?

Thanks in advance!

If I understand you correctly, you need to use channels - i.e lets say you have a Scene 1 set up the way you want it, and you want a different amp sound in Scene 2. Switch to Scene 2, change the Channel in the amp block to something different than you had in Scene 1, and tweak to your hearts content. Now when you go back to Scene 1, you'll see the Channel change back and you will not have lost anything.

I'm sure this is really simple but I'd love it if someone could give me a little help with this.

I'd like to keep the presets on the Axe until I've decided what I'm doing with it.

When I edit a sound, is it possible to copy and paste it to another place?

I just tried editing a sound, clicked to a different scene, hit save and everything on that preset is overwritten.

What should I have done?

Thanks in advance!
From the front panel when you press the Store button, first turn the Value know to adjust the preset number to one that's marked <Empty>. From Axe-Edit do "Save to New Preset Number... " (command+shift+s on mac, control+shift+s on windows) to pick an empty preset number to save your tweaked patch to.

You can always reload a given preset, or whole bank of presets, back with just the click of the mouse as well, so your never really going to lose a factory preset

Back
Top Bottom