An idea for Axe-Edit: Notes

I think saving notes into preset syx files is possible and would be an awesome feature. Currently I use Evernote ( www.evernote.com ) on my PC and phone to do this. You can drag the syx file into your Evernote document and then write notes regarding each file. I use Evernote all the time to remember stuff. I have a Cliff Notes doc for all the cool tips Cliff posts. I have a doc for all my Axe-Fx II & MFC-101 settings and a doc for all my Roland TD-20 V-Drum & Toontrack Superior Drummer 2 settings with the saved Presets.

By the time you switch to another place to put your ideas down, the inspiration might be gone!

If you could do it within what you're working on, it can fuel you later.

open a window for each task and away you go. need to take a note, pop up your text editor. you can have half-dozen tasks in process at any given time, and switch between them with a click. your computer is already capable of what you want. no need to add cruft to axe edit!.

open a window for each task and away you go. need to take a note, pop up your text editor. you can have half-dozen tasks in process at any given time, and switch between them with a click. your computer is already capable of what you want. no need to add cruft to axe edit!.
For short-term stuff, yes. But if you check out your prized Zanglewonker preset, and it's a year since you last opened it, it would be nice to read that Scene 3 lets you use EXT2 to control the phased delay that Pete Zanglewonker liked to use during the bridge on some of his early albums. Try remembering that kind of detail across the couple of hundred presets you may have created. :)

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/user-cabs-irs/32831-tip-saving-custom-ir-info-your-patch.html

I came up with this a while back and like many things I never really used it. I like finding solutions for things that I never end up using. I'm weird like that.

Not ideal, but the information does stay with the preset and if memory serves it works fine. It's just a matter of modifying the metadata which is kind of like tagging it. It'd be really cool if they could integrate this into AxeEdit somehow and then just read/write the info in some of those unused fields (with names that actually mean something in the process).

Definitely beyond my capabilities to figure out how to do it.

no need to add cruft to axe edit!.
well-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man-gif-the-dude-lebowski.gif

Again the idea is to NOT have to open up several more applications to get done what you need to get done. It's about integration and collaboration. You already got Axe-Edit open, maybe a DAW, probably/possibly Cab-Lab. You really want to open up another app to take up space and resources? then have to correlate external notes pages and presets? Then share that mess with the community? What if the person you're sharing with is Mac and you're PC? The .syx file is platform agnostic and feather weight.

If the feature is there and you don't use it, cool. Just because it's not the chuff you want, don't be so fast to dismiss it. Maybe the feature you think is tits the rest-of-world thinks is weak as F^%&.

Last edited:
I think it's a cool idea. I'd probably never use it though, because I'm not that organised, but yeah, I think it's kinda along the lines of note taking in a DAW for sharing projects and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom