An exact Dumble sim

Woland

Inspired
It's one of my favorite amp for lead sound.
On the previous FW, I knew that it was modeled with drive at 7, so it was suggested to set imput trim at 7 and master at 3 (not sure about this one).
With the new update we have a new dedicated imput drive, where I would set imput trim? Should I go back to 1?

Usually I don't really care and I just use my ears, but for this amp I would really like to know the all the suggested settings in order match all the peculiarities of this great amp.
Should I also need to change something in the tone stack, voicing etc.?

I would like to share my patch but I used the Mad Oak IRs.

thank you

Input trim should always be 1.00 to match the amp. Any deviation from 1.00 is a deviation from the actual amp.

It's one of my favorite amp for lead sound.
On the previous FW, I knew that it was modeled with drive at 7, so it was suggested to set imput trim at 7 and master at 3 (not sure about this one).
With the new update we have a new dedicated imput drive, where I would set imput trim? Should I go back to 1?

Usually I don't really care and I just use my ears, but for this amp I would really like to know the all the suggested settings in order match all the peculiarities of this great amp.
Should I also need to change something in the tone stack, voicing etc.?
I would like to share my patch but I used the Mad Oak IRs.

thank you

Set Input Trim on 1.00 with Fw10.11, Input Drive @ 6 - 7, Overdrive @ 5 - 8 - dial in Skyline Tonestack and put in at pre (OD) position - set the center value on 1287Hz (in the Advanced Parameter) - this is just based on my experiences regarding a good non-HRM d-style tone! Default settings are post gain tonestack (as the HRM mod does) and PAB (pre amp boost) engaged, which "almost" bypasses the entire pre-gain tonestack (just for the records - the middle pot remain in the circuit, even when PAB is selected but it's not that effective as normal).
When using the skyliner ts at pre gain position - be careful with the amount of bass - I usually dial in values between 3 - 4 higher values make the lead sound too flubby, same at "middle" and highs @ 7 - 8 - but that is just me ;) - do as you prefer!

cheers
Paco

Is it just me or does the od-100 have much more gain and high end now than the previous fw?

Is it just me or does the od-100 have much more gain and high end now than the previous fw?
Yeah, I was rather surprised with the 'extra' gain, but absolutely loved it once I started playing with it. Allows for great control with the volume knob.

Back
Top Bottom