Wish An even more "Basic"/Authentic section of the chorus, flanger etc sections

Omri Bazelet

Inspired
Hi there!
I would rather to offer something that maybe will piss some people off, but it could be a true improvement for ease of using the AX3.

I think that the beauty of the AX3 that it allows you to enjoy from simplicity and dive into advanced parameters and tweak by your wildest dreams.

The only section that they passed of is the modulation section which its "simple" section is just too filled with information.
For example the CE-2 Chorus.
Some people would love to choose tap tempo, or choose wave types and get crazy with the LFO. But the actual pedal have only 2 knobs and parameters. Depth and Rate. That's it. When you have so much complicated parameters from something is that simple, it just tired you and make thing sound worse.

SO!
I thought that the modulations will have an "Authentic" section which people that are familiar with pedals can simply use the straight pedal parameters as they know them without messing with waves and all the advanced stuff
and an "advanced" section to anyone who would like to geek out

I personally thinks that the AX3 is great, but sometimes it UI is truly over advanced and over thinked insted of making things simple first and then allowing anyone to explore the limits of it. All of the other modelers I used usually had that simplicity.

If you know it’s rate and depth, then why not just adjust those two parameters ?

of course then many than had the ce2 got the ce2 bass version for its blend knob.....

so then it’s suddenly keeping it “authentic plus”..... because some will argue it’s a simple parameter that should of been there anyways....

and then what about stuff like a small stone that has the color switch ? Just there be a virtual switch with just settings or would it be okay to have a knob for more control ? After all, many modded switches with a little pot for more control.....

seems a big bag of worms to have something simple enough but complex enough for everyone.....

Better solution, and what works for me, is the per preset custom modifier page, so if I want only two parameter for a given block, I select them and there ya go.... as simple or complex of interface as anyone wants. Maybe all you need is rate, maybe you want rate and depth and mix, maybe more.

that is the beauty of it, whatever you want/need you can set on your own custom screen

If you know it’s rate and depth, then why not just adjust those two parameters ?

of course then many than had the ce2 got the ce2 bass version for its blend knob.....

so then it’s suddenly keeping it “authentic plus”..... because some will argue it’s a simple parameter that should of been there anyways....

and then what about stuff like a small stone that has the color switch ? Just there be a virtual switch with just settings or would it be okay to have a knob for more control ? After all, many modded switches with a little pot for more control.....

seems a big bag of worms to have something simple enough but complex enough for everyone.....

Better solution, and what works for me, is the per preset custom modifier page, so if I want only two parameter for a given block, I select them and there ya go.... as simple or complex of interface as anyone wants. Maybe all you need is rate, maybe you want rate and depth and mix, maybe more.

that is the beauty of it, whatever you want/need you can set on your own custom screen
The whole idea is that the authentic section include only knobs that are in the pedal itself without any extras..

There are two approaches here.

On one hand, there is depth and breadth, and the ability to dial in exactly what you want in just about every way you can imagine. That's wonderful if that's how you're wired or if that's what you feel like doing today.

On the other hand there is ease of use, and the ability to quickly dial in what you want on close, familiar terrain. That's also wonderful — if that's how you're wired or if that's what you feel like doing today.

Both approaches are valid.

I for one was exited when those blocks got redone with new types, hoping that I could just choose a type and have it sound like the real deal, and only have to adjust what controls the actual pedal has. Sadly, the types are often way of from what they're based on, facilitating the need to tweek the more advanced parameters.

So maybe a better wish for would be for better accuracy for the different types and their stock parameter values?

There are two approaches here.

On one hand, there is depth and breadth, and the ability to dial in exactly what you want in just about every way you can imagine. That's wonderful if that's how you're wired or if that's what you feel like doing today.

On the other hand there is ease of use, and the ability to quickly dial in what you want on close, familiar terrain. That's also wonderful — if that's how you're wired or if that's what you feel like doing today.

Both approaches are valid.
That's what I'm talking about! I'm not offering to remove features, but instead, to have a simplified version of it!

Back
Top Bottom