An AX8 101 vid: Put together a Marshall rig in minutes - video

Burgs

Power User
I've already posted this in the Axe-FX II Recordings forum but it is probably better suited to being here. This vid takes you through the basic building stages for putting together a classic rock rig based around a 50W Marshall, quad, some effects and a couple of Scenes.

Rock on and have a great weekend. :)

This is a really good video, there needs to be more just like it. The little tricks that different players use to get their presets put together are priceless. I've been having problems with p90 noise with some of the amps, and I never thought of using the input gate to fix it. Little things like that are so useful, plus it doesn't hurt when the playing sounds really good too! Thanks

This is a really good video, there needs to be more just like it. The little tricks that different players use to get their presets put together are priceless. I've been having problems with p90 noise with some of the amps, and I never thought of using the input gate to fix it. Little things like that are so useful, plus it doesn't hurt when the playing sounds really good too! Thanks

Great stuff. I'm glad you've found it useful. I'm not the first to post how-to vids, though, I'm actually a latecomer! There are some guys here who have dedicated a good part of their lives to such things. However, there will be more to come from me, in the same style, so stand by. Thanks again. :)

Nicely done as usual Burgs. I think there's a lot of value in showing folks how quickly a preset can be created from scratch once the user learns his way around and has a handful of of their own preferred basic settings.

Great video.
Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
This really drives home the importance of being able to build a preset from scratch!
Sure. It's not a hard thing to do. You've just to got visualise what you'd use in the 'real' world. The Fractal gear can give you all of that and a ton more.
Very nicely done!
Thanks!
Really nice Burg, as all your vids I regularly check for all gears !
I'm flattered, thanks TRB. It's been a fun ride, that's for sure. Glad you're digging them. :)
Nicely done as usual Burgs. I think there's a lot of value in showing folks how quickly a preset can be created from scratch once the user learns his way around and has a handful of of their own preferred basic settings.
Yeah. I think so too (the value thing). It's not hard; you've just got to visualise a real world rig and port it to the more than capable Fractal rig which can accomodate pretty much everything you can dream up and more. I call it Rock Logic. Maybe I should do some 101's on Rock Logic. Or maybe that might be REALLY boring..!
As one who does not yet yet own an AX8 I found that video very informative and useful, well done.
I'm glad. It's a killer machine. Capable of everything you can imagine and more. Don't be afraid, be excited.

Well done, Burgs, and great playing too. I haven't used my Strat in a while, as it doesn't sound great with presets built for my 513. I'll have to get it out and try these settings. Sounds really nice!

This community really does share a lot. I really appreciate it.

Loved the vid, but naturally wanted more info on the IIC+ Bright preset from start of the vid :)

I've already posted this in the Axe-FX II Recordings forum but it is probably better suited to being here. This vid takes you through the basic building stages for putting together a classic rock rig based around a 50W Marshall, quad, some effects and a couple of Scenes.

Rock on and have a great weekend. :)

Great vid burgs!!

Back
Top Bottom