AFIII An attempt at Shawn Lane's tone

Shawn was one of the nicest and humble dudes I ever met. It was around 1992 and a friend introduced me to him and his wife at the time. He was playing top 20's just to pay the bills at some small bar in Memphis. So my buddy wanted him to do solos on every instrument there for me. I had just witnessed some the most amazing solos on obviously guitar/bass, piano, and drums that I have ever seen and even to this date I still feel that way. Also, he rarely practiced on his guitar almost all of his practicing was on the piano. That's just sick! Anything in his amazing musical brain he could translate physically on any instrument.
Love hearing stories like that! Thanks for sharing!

Not a lot of ocean in Las Vegas! But there's a 4-5 hour drive West that's as good if not better. That coastline just North of LA is sweet. further North like Carmel/Monterey is even nicer(Big Sur!!).

Well done, tones and playing, and not easy!

I was just listening to Shawn's version today, then came here looking for feedback on that FMAN pack, and here we are.

Such an amazing player technically, but his heart was so full too. Some of hs best stuff is like he's reaching for ecstasy, and coming pretty darn close.

Good stuff.

I enjoyed his playing much more when he played with the feeling and emotion he showed in Lisa and many other songs. Yes the super speed was cool, but didn't do much for me after a time. So sad he died so young.

Wow, thats really good--tone sounds pretty darn close to moi... kudos and thanks for sharing the recording/patch-be well... 🙏 🤘

Well done, tones and playing, and not easy!

I was just listening to Shawn's version today, then came here looking for feedback on that FMAN pack, and here we are.

Such an amazing player technically, but his heart was so full too. Some of hs best stuff is like he's reaching for ecstasy, and coming pretty darn close.

Good stuff.
Wow, thats really good--tone sounds pretty darn close to moi... kudos and thanks for sharing the recording/patch-be well... 🙏 🤘

Thanks guys! I had forgotten about this one, maybe I'll try and update the patch as this was done last year.

Back
Top Bottom