an advise ......for FR/FR

fafakiwi

Experienced
Hi everyone ,
i d like to have advises from you , i m new with Fractal , recently bought an AxeFX II XL+ with MFC101
and it has totally changed my way of playing guitar.....it s a new world...endless one....lots of pleasure to discover all these amps ...., infinite possibilities....also a bit of nightmarre actually to create sounds and understand all i find on the forum , not only as i m french !!!! but to understand all thes parameters , what incidence it has , new firmware and on and and on....
anyway i m writing this to have advises for new FR/FR , i m curently using YAMAHA H8S , it works well to my ears , but if i d like to improve my set up and want to give to the Axe the possibility of sounding better if it s possible ....whicih monitors shall i look for ???
thanks for your hrlp and suggestions
Fabrice

Well, I would recomend you the Matrix Q12a or the Friedman ASM12. I'm using Q12a now about 3 years and absolutly happy with them. I have some demo videos in the recording sechtion which I did with my smartphone and a friend has the Friedman ASM12 which sounds also awesome. the CLR's suppose to be very good too but I never tried them yet.

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with the fidelity of the Yamahas.

If they sound like you're pushing them too hard, then maybe consider a monitor that's designed for a higher SPL. Otherwise, save your money...

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with the fidelity of the Yamahas.

If they sound like you're pushing them too hard, then maybe consider a monitor that's designed for a higher SPL. Otherwise, save your money...
Hi
thanks for answer,
in fact i m happy with the Yamaha but i have the opportunity to sell them , just want to be sure that i ll hear the difference with the new monitors i might buy , if not ...i ll keep on playing with the Yamaha s , here s my problem ......so how to be sure to make the right choice.....

I have the ASM's and they sound amazing but they are a bit bulky and heavy. If I was buying now I would go with Xitone.

I have the ASM's and they sound amazing but they are a bit bulky and heavy. If I was buying now I would go with Xitone.
Thanks
I will take a look at Xtone
Quality of what everyone is hearing is so subjective.... I don t want to spend money without results as far....

I use the RCF NX 12 SMA, for me the best for FRFR : a lot of power, a very clear and pure sound even when you play loud. I mix my backing tracks with my guitar using the Axe Fx as a sound card. Works very well...

Thanks for answer
I have take a look at RCF nx 10 or 12 but huge amount of money as I want two for stereo....
I need good good bed room volume....

Yes, that's the only default... the price... But when you want quality, there's often no choice... May be you can finf used ones, that's what I did.

I use the RCF NX 12 SMA, for me the best for FRFR : a lot of power, a very clear and pure sound even when you play loud. I mix my backing tracks with my guitar using the Axe Fx as a sound card. Works very well...
I just looked these up, and Wow! They look badass. I'm using the ASM-12 right now, and want to try something with less coloration. I was thinking of the CLR wedge, but these RCFs look like a whole other level. Have you compared them with any pf the other common solutions out there? Any comparison observations you can pass along? Cheers

I tried a lot of powered wedges with the Axe FX before I chose the NX12... JBL, Line 6, Bose, QSC, Yamaha, but at each time, the RCF was the winner... They are the best sono system I've tested right now considering their weight, power, cristal sound and great quality construction. Easy to carry, easy to set up on stage, you can use them as straight monitors or in a wedge position as you want and they always deliver a big powered sound with no saturation at all. I personaly mix the NX12 with a Matrix power amp + 2 Laney 2x12 cabs when I want the top guitar sound on stage, really impressive when you play in a pub or in places where no additionnal sound system is necessary, even on outdoor stages... The mix of FRFR with pure guitar cabs is really amazing... At each time, there are people asking me how I can have such a guitar sound...

Hi
Very useful your answer,
Can you tell me on RCF at bed room level???
Nx10 should be better at home and as I want two for stereo, but I like XiTone but think they are not as much available in Europe as the CLR
If anyone has info on XiTone availability in Europe....
Thanks

Xitone use Matrix power amps which have a built in DSP which compensates for the Fletcher Munson effect. This can be enabled but is off by default. Xitone will also custom make a cabinet for you with 10" or 12" coax drivers. They sound amazing and Mick is a pleasure to work with. There also competitively priced to boot.

Hi
Very useful your answer,
Can you tell me on RCF at bed room level???
Nx10 should be better at home and as I want two for stereo, but I like XiTone but think they are not as much available in Europe as the CLR
If anyone has info on XiTone availability in Europe....
Thanks
Yes they also sound very good at low level. Sorry I never tried the NX10...

Xitone use Matrix power amps which have a built in DSP which compensates for the Fletcher Munson effect. This can be enabled but is off by default. Xitone will also custom make a cabinet for you with 10" or 12" coax drivers. They sound amazing and Mick is a pleasure to work with. There also competitively priced to boot.
thanks Matt
i m searching for info on it but XiTone seems not to be available in Europe too......

Yes they also sound very good at low level. Sorry I never tried the NX10...
Just to chime in......

I also have the RCF, only I have the NX10SMA, and absolutely love them!!! They sound perfect at any level! I've compared it with the NX12, and they seemed very equal to me, great at low volume, loud volume, and more bass than I'd ever need if I dial them up that way.....

Just to chime in......

I also have the RCF, only I have the NX10SMA, and absolutely love them!!! They sound perfect at any level! I've compared it with the NX12, and they seemed very equal to me, great at low volume, loud volume, and more bass than I'd ever need if I dial them up that way.....
thanks for sharing your experience !!!!

Back
Top Bottom