Amundsen lick in E minor with awesome video diagram and tab!

Cobrango

Power User

12687904_958553687531988_2304528051324741013_n.jpg

a little Amundsen lick I made using slides, legato, 3-1-3-3 and a little peckin'. try it, it's really fun! once you get the picking pattern down it's easy to get it up to speed, but I don't focus on the speed. this is a great way to connect the modes, explore efficient (economy) picking, try a different sound (light picking combined with legato and slides), and as I see it - working it up to speed helps with fretboard visualisation. Sure, I get a lot of comments because I play fast, but it's more than that. economy of motion, pressing as lightly as possibly on the frets, working on not lifting the fingers more than I have to, explored new ideas like the 3-1-3-3 pattern happening from the C, the 14th note in the lick where I combine an arpeggio (e-g-a) with the 3 notes per string thing.

Also left hand thumb placement is important to not cramp up the hand. I can play this lick as many times as I want to without hurting my hands because I play light and as loose as possible, going for the least amount of tension in my hands. of course, using a 0.60mm tortex T3 pick and the light attack and light strings will give you a certain sound, but there's also the Rusty Cooley way with a heavier pick and more attack, each to their own. If you take a look at the tab you will notice that the picking pattern is economy picking including slides, and pull off's (legato).

I've found a way to include the guitar pro fretboard in my videos and I think it's awesome. It's my new video trademark. I've been in contact with the makers of guitar pro and they've given me the thumbs up for using their software this way because I was wondering if it was legal.

Hope you enjoy the lick, if you do please share it! :) if you for some reason want more, check out my facebook artist page and soundcloud in my signature.

Last edited:
Extraordinary video, :)
but I did not understand if the program follows.... you :eek:
Never used this software game
To see and wonderful

Extraordinary video, :)
but I did not understand if the program follows.... you :eek:
Never used this software game
To see and wonderful

Thank you very much, good question - does the program follow me? Hehe, the program is guitar pro 5, and no, it does not follow me. I've just made a tab in guitar pro for the lick and timed it so that it looks like it's playing the input from my guitar, but it's not. I do however play what the guitar pro 5 fretboard is showing, and at the exact same speed. you're hearing the audio from my axe-fx II quantum 2.0 mixed with a tiny bit of the audio from the room, the audio recorded by my smartphone recording the video. if I listen to the guitar pro audio it plays the same thing at the same speed, but it sounds different. more staccato.

I'm eager to answer any question regarding this video relatively in depth, I'm psyched about how the guitar pro 5 works with the video, I love the look. I've fallen in love with the aesthethics of guitar pro 5. It's so classic.

Back
Top Bottom