AMT EX-50 Expression Pedal

I have two of them. Toadfish (KickTags) also has them.

They are really small and work well if space is an issue.
Solid too.

Don't expect a lot of pedal travel and fine adjustments.

I have one, using it as a dirty-to-solo transition pedal. Its fairly small, just a bit smaller that the BOSS type pedal size. Fairly short travel, so I wouldn't use as a wah, but suits my purpose well.

Hey! Yep, I switched from missions to these, simply for the space saving which has enable me to REALLY trim down my board. One is used for a tone morph, the other for wah and whammy. If you're into the feel of a full-travel pedal, it might not be for you, but for me, these have been fantastic. Used for a couple of months now and not missing the full sized pedals at all.

rearboard1_zps42e55eab.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I know this is a pretty old thread but I wonder why the AMT Ex-50 didn't seem to pickup in the Fractal Community. I am about to purchase 3 expression pedals to control my patches and I'm planning to get 1 x Fractal EV-1, and 2 x AMT Ex-50's to fit my 24 x 12 pedalboard.

Is there anything that I would need to consider apart from the short throw when using the EX-50's?

If I can train myself to use it precisely, is it possible to go through the complete spectrum at the same increments as I would have in a FV-1? Or are the increments in the AMT "coarser"?

Is there a way to tighten / loosen the pedal's feel?

Your feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Of the 3 mini pedals I had, the Dunlop DVP4 is my favorite. The AMT EX50 is too small & not very precise, I sold it. The Hotone Soulpress is very good, but limited. The Dunlop is just great, works perfect with the AxeFX, not too small, not too light & not heavy either. The throw is great for my taste, it's actually a little longer than an EV5.

I have an AMT on order. I'm accustomed to using a pair of Fractal Audio EV-1 pedals, and a Mission pedal. I want to see if the AMT could be used on my board. If it feels usable, I'm going to get another. I am trying to get down to the smallest possible board for my touring. Every pound and square inch counts!

Thanks Bob!!! This looks way better than the amt. I posted a new thread for this. I hope I can get user feedback on this pedal.

I'd stay away from these ...bought 4...had problems with the blade at the travel for all 4. Changed to AMT...never looked back

Back
Top Bottom