Amps you have owned and loved, but don't expect to be ever modeled

60s Ampeg Reveberocket. Killer amp. Sweet cleans and a rip your face off gain when you want it. The best reverb tanks and circuit ever made. Period.
Yeah, agreed. These are great. Mine is a ‘64 with 7868 power tubes and other oddities.

Probably only one here for this one but I loved my Musicman 112RD50 with huge EV 12" 200watt speaker in it. It just killed. The hybrid system gave it a different sound than a fender.
Fell on hard times and had to sell it. It was mint also.

And they absolutely delivered.

I owned a Ganesha, Tuskadero, and a Zeeta Gold.

Absolutely amazing amps.

I hate that I had to sell everything when we wound up moving. But, my AX8 does it all.

Was Maven Peal the guy who had an amp that gave power amp bloom at low volumes?

I actually own the L11 head with the separate cab (15" speaker). Basically the 200 watt version of the L9 combo. It is up for sale on Reverb.com right now.
Maybe ping @FractalAudio, see if they want to model it first? Don't know if it's easier or better to start from the actual amp or a schematic, which I'd bet is out there somewhere.

Maybe ping @FractalAudio, see if they want to model it first? Don't know if it's easier or better to start from the actual amp or a schematic, which I'd bet is out there somewhere.

I have the schematic, too! It came with the amp, but Lab Series amps are entirely solid state, so I don't know if they would want to model it.

I have the schematic, too! It came with the amp, but Lab Series amps are entirely solid state, so I don't know if they would want to model it.
Well that's certainly easier to copy and to ship!

There's a Jazz Chorus model in the Axe, solid state too, and very different from the Lab series.

Well that's certainly easier to copy and to ship!

There's a Jazz Chorus model in the Axe, solid state too, and very different from the Lab series.

It would cost about $130 to ship it one way, and that's using ParcelMonkey.com, which gets volume rate discounts and passes most of the savings on to the shipper. I don't think they'll want it THAT badly to model! I'm sure they might have a Lab Series amp closer to them that they could aquire if they were so inclined.
In the meantime, my original schematic was misplaced :( but I was able to find them on-line for free, so the circuit and board layouts are available publicly.

Feeling nostalgic. Original Sunn Model T. Bought for 400.00 new in the 70's and sold it for 450.00 25 years later. Now they go for a couple grand. Miss it like hell, but had to sell after my divorce along with my Messenger guitar(can't think about that too much without getting suicidal). Rhino YJM. An amp made to duplicate Malmsteen's sound. Had a copy(analog) of his signature drive pedal built in and a loadbox. Not a huge Malmsteen fan, just wanted something Marshally and the built in loadbox sealed the deal. Rhino had a similar story to Atomica. Great amp builders but lousy businessmen and they went out of business real soon. Sold it to a guy who liked it better than I did(and sounded better playing it than me). Industrial Arts Amp. Can't remember the model but was most likely based on a Marshall 800. Best built amp I've ever seen much less owned. If they had a contest of which amp could survive the highest fall it would win. There's a reason "Industrial" is/was part of the name. Oh yeah, it sounded great. Had to sell when I lost my job and went months without income along with some guitars about 5 years ago. Would love to see them modeled, esp. the Model T, but not holding by breath. BTW the reissue Model T by Fender is a totally different amp. It just looks similar.
Ampeg G100T with EV12L Speaker: GTR->Cry Baby->Rat prototype->Ibanez Analog Delay->Boss CE-1->(2) GT100T

Certain silverface master volume Fenders.

All specific stripe variants of the Mesa Mark III.

Mesa Blue Angel.

Of course there are others, plenty in fact, but those come to mind first.

I know, the AFII has limited memory. There isn't room enough for every model all at once.

And THAT has me thinking. I'm thinking that it'd be very nice for there to be a way for the user to use his PC to pick and choose which models
he loads into his Fractal. The total model library is too big to fit, so pick and choose what you want until you reach the set memory limit.

A simple drag and drop user interface would be great for that.

Additionally, if you could do that, then having the ability to rearrange your patches to your liking, via the same simple drag and drop interface, would be very appreciated as well. It's kind of inconvenient when one of your most used patches is in slot no. 7 and the other is in slot no. 267. "Everybody take a break while I scroll to the solo preset. It'll only take a minute."

Yeah, I know, there are ways to do that quickly. But being able to change the patch order easily in the unit would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom