Amps you have owned and loved, but don't expect to be ever modeled

Tonedeaf

Power User
Feeling nostalgic. Original Sunn Model T. Bought for 400.00 new in the 70's and sold it for 450.00 25 years later. Now they go for a couple grand. Miss it like hell, but had to sell after my divorce along with my Messenger guitar(can't think about that too much without getting suicidal). Rhino YJM. An amp made to duplicate Malmsteen's sound. Had a copy(analog) of his signature drive pedal built in and a loadbox. Not a huge Malmsteen fan, just wanted something Marshally and the built in loadbox sealed the deal. Rhino had a similar story to Atomica. Great amp builders but lousy businessmen and they went out of business real soon. Sold it to a guy who liked it better than I did(and sounded better playing it than me). Industrial Arts Amp. Can't remember the model but was most likely based on a Marshall 800. Best built amp I've ever seen much less owned. If they had a contest of which amp could survive the highest fall it would win. There's a reason "Industrial" is/was part of the name. Oh yeah, it sounded great. Had to sell when I lost my job and went months without income along with some guitars about 5 years ago. Would love to see them modeled, esp. the Model T, but not holding by breath. BTW the reissue Model T by Fender is a totally different amp. It just looks similar.

p1_us4epugxh_ss.jpg

Feeling nostalgic. Original Sunn Model T. Bought for 400.00 new in the 70's and sold it for 450.00 25 years later. Now they go for a couple grand. Miss it like hell, but had to sell after my divorce along with my Messenger guitar(can't think about that too much without getting suicidal). Rhino YJM. An amp made to duplicate Malmsteen's sound. Had a copy(analog) of his signature drive pedal built in and a loadbox. Not a huge Malmsteen fan, just wanted something Marshally and the built in loadbox sealed the deal. Rhino had a similar story to Atomica. Great amp builders but lousy businessmen and they went out of business real soon. Sold it to a guy who liked it better than I did(and sounded better playing it than me). Industrial Arts Amp. Can't remember the model but was most likely based on a Marshall 800. Best built amp I've ever seen much less owned. If they had a contest of which amp could survive the highest fall it would win. There's a reason "Industrial" is/was part of the name. Oh yeah, it sounded great. Had to sell when I lost my job and went months without income along with some guitars about 5 years ago. Would love to see them modeled, esp. the Model T, but not holding by breath. BTW the reissue Model T by Fender is a totally different amp. It just looks similar.
Trem-o-verb

Does that have 3 speakers po
It is, quite literally, two AC15 type amps in a box. They share the same power supply and some other bits that tie it together. Aspen Pittman wrote a bit about these. If you have you have access to his book, you can dive in a bit more.

Marshall JCM800KK, Music Man Sixty Five, Marshall Class 5... It’s ok, I still own those amps and a FAS LB-2, plus my Axe Fx 3!

Been tempted to buy the Softtube KK plug in but I’d rather use the real thing! Would love a FAS model of it though! Basically a JVM-like 2203 with usable gain, more mids, KT 88s and a noise gate. There’s many ways to achieve those tones so I’ve never had trouble “getting there “!

Anything by Maven Peal or Emery Sound. Great amps.

Best combo amp ever, the JCA GR 1.6. Would love a model of that, with all the settings.

I'm happy with my ADA Rocket A10, even though I'm still trying to sell it.

Genz benz el diablo 100.

I had 2 of these that I ran in stereo with a g system ... oh the days.

Anything by Maven Peal or Emery Sound. Great amps.

Best combo amp ever, the JCA GR 1.6. Would love a model of that, with all the settings.

I'm happy with my ADA Rocket A10, even though I'm still trying to sell it.
Was Maven Peal the guy who had an amp that gave power amp bloom at low volumes?

Back
Top Bottom