Happy New Year Everyone! Hope everyone had a good holiday season! Lets talk about a sleeper amp in the Axe Fx: The Supro 1964T. I had no idea what to expect before I tried this amp out. It doesn't have a whole lot of tone shaping if you dial it in on authentic in the amp block, but this amp sounds great! It is great lower gain type tones!

Happy New Year Everyone! Hope everyone had a good holiday season! Lets talk about a sleeper amp in the Axe Fx: The Supro 1964T. I had no idea what to expect before I tried this amp out. It doesn't have a whole lot of tone shaping if you dial it in on authentic in the amp block, but this amp sounds great! It is great lower gain type tones!

Love these vids! So glad you will continue them in 2022!

Wondering what you will do when you run out of amps!? FX of the Axefx3 would be cool!

The Ampeg VST is a great bass amp and we have two in the axe fx! I find SV Bass 1 is great for classic stuff like SV Bass 2 is great for more grindy bass tones!

Been a while but im back! The 5150 Rhythm channel just got added so I took it for a Spin. I think it this channel doesnt get enough love. Everyone always rants about the Lead channel but the Rhythm channel is great!

The Way you TRUE FAS gear heads can just name an amp or cab off the top of your heads and JUST IMAGINE a rig in your head still blows my mind

like If I am not noodling around with my amp and cab looking at the names and literally picking one by one ,i can’t make A rig off the top of my head

I’m jealous lol
I can't do it with cabs, or with all of the amps, so I guess I'm not a true FAS gear head! But after awhile of playing a lot of analogue gear, you start to just know what different pieces of gear tend to do a sound. There are 100 different ways to do it, but I know that a JCM800, blended 4x12, stereo delay, compressor, and a touch of reverb will give me an 80s sound. I know that tweed fenders have a little more midrange and breakup a little more than blackface fenders do. Etc, etc, etc. Just play with all your options and you'll get a sense of what you like!

The Friedman Small Box is one of my favorite amps in the Axe Fx III! Even though it shares a lot of it's DNA with the Friedman Brown Eye, it has its own unique sound!

Back
Top Bottom