Amps Not G3’d Yet

trancegodz

Fractal Fanatic
Amps Not G3’d Yet according to the Wiki.

Is this current?

16 6G12 CONCERT (based on Fender Concert 6G12) [NOT G3'd YET]
28 BLUDOJAI CLEAN (based on Bludotone Ojai) [NOT G3'd YET]
29 BLUDOJAI LEAD [NOT G3'd YET]
48 BRIT SILVER (based on Marshall Silver Jubilee) [NOT G3'd YET]
50 BUTTERY (based on Budda Twinmaster) [NOT G3'd YET]
51 CA OD-2 (based on Carol-Ann OD-2) [NOT G3'd YET]
60 CALI LEGGY (based on Carvin Legacy VL100) [NOT G3'd YET]
67 CAR ROAMER (based on Carr Rambler) [NOT G3'd YET]
70 CITRUS BASS 200 (based on Orange AD200B) [NOT G3'd YET]
73 CLASS-A 15W TB (based on Vox AC-15 Top Boost) [NOT G3'd YET]
86 DIV/13 FT37 HI (based on Divided by 13 FTR 37) [NOT G3'd YET]
87 DIV/13 FT37 LO [NOT G3'd YET]
95 ENERGYBALL (based on Engl Powerball) [NOT G3'd YET]
119 FRYETTE D60 L (based on Fryette Deliverance Sixty) [NOT G3'd YET]
120 FRYETTE D60 M [NOT G3'd YET]
121 GIBSON SCOUT (based on Gibson Scout) [NOT G3'd YET]
125 HIPOWER BRILLNT (based on Hiwatt DR103) [NOT G3'd YET]
126 HIPOWER JUMPED [NOT G3'd YET]
127 HIPOWER NORMAL [NOT G3'd YET]
128 HOT KITTY (based on Bad Cat Hot Cat 30r) [NOT G3'd YET]
129 JAZZ 120 (based on Roland Jazz Chorus JC-120) [NOT G3'd YET]
139 MR Z MZ-8 (based on Dr. Z MAZ 8) [NOT G3'd YET]
153 PRINCE TONE (based on Fender Princeton) [NOT G3'd YET]
175 SPAWN NITROUS (based on Splawn Nitro) [NOT G3'd YET]
184 SUPER VERB (based on Fender Super Reverb) [NOT G3'd YET]
186 SUPREMO TREM (based on Supro 1964T) [NOT G3'd YET]
187 SV BASS (based on Ampeg SVT) [NOT G3'd YET]
190 TREMOLO LUX (based on Fender AA763 Tremolux) [NOT G3'd YET]
196 USA BASS 400 1 (based on Mesa Bass 400) [NOT G3'd YET]
197 USA BASS 400 2 [NOT G3'd YET]
213 USA SUB BLUES (based on Mesa Subway Blues) [NOT G3'd YET]
214 VIBRA-KING FAT (based on Fender Vibro-King) [NOT G3'd YET]
215 VIBRA-KING [NOT G3'd YET]

Yes.

Well, every amp model benefits from general G3 modeling improvements, but these models haven't been G3-fied specifically.

Can't wait for the Spawn Nitrous and Car Roamer to get G3'd. Those are two of my go-to amps.

119 FRYETTE D60 L (based on Fryette Deliverance Sixty) [NOT G3'd YET]
120 FRYETTE D60 M [NOT G3'd YET]
187 SV BASS (based on Ampeg SVT) [NOT G3'd YET]

This bums me out, as the Fryette has been my dirty tone since getting the AxeFX Ultra years back. Ive tried others and always come back. And SV Bass cause its like, THE bass amp… please Cliff? Do you not have access to these amps?

This bums me out, as the Fryette has been my dirty tone since getting the AxeFX Ultra years back. Ive tried others and always come back. And SV Bass cause its like, THE bass amp… please Cliff? Do you not have access to these amps?

Do they not sound good already ?

You happily used its emulation on the Ultra, yet now when the model presumably sounds better than ever you instead want to be bummed because its not G3'd yet ?

Thats like finding $99 dollars laying on the ground and being bummed you didn't find $100

This bums me out

it shouldn't really. all amps benefit from the underlying G3 modeling algorithms. when an amp is "G3'd," it just means Cliff manually checked the physical amp model and tweaked certain things for even more improvements and accuracy, but they still benefit from underlying G3 modeling techniques in general.

if anyone is interested in a full list of all amp models as well as separate lists for G3 vs non-G3, you can view that on my site here: List of G3'd Amps | AxeFxTutorials.com

if i counted correctly, there are now 223 total amps, 190 G3'd, and only 33 non-G3'd. that's a TON of work, and Cliff keeps adding more amps and models.

regardless, non-G3'd amps are in no way inferior or bad sounding. as lqdsnddist brought up, the Fryette model in the Axe-Fx II should already be much better than the Ultra version and the full G3'ing process shouldn't change it too much more from that.

most people unhappy with a non-G3'd amp are usually just misinformed on what G3'ing actually means. don't let words on the internet change what your ears are actually hearing when you play the Axe. :)

So if I understand correctly, it was your go-to but all of a sudden now it's dogshyte because G3 now exists and it's not updated to G3?

Yeah I am actually impressed with the speed at which he's updated them, and who knows if Cliff can do all because maybe he doesn't have the amp's to a few on that list and so those might never get done...

Do they not sound good already ?
to play devil's advocate on this... sure they sound good, no doubt, and this argument's been brought up many times before, but truth is once any newly G3'd model was introduced over the past updates, not anyone's expectations were ever let down. quite the opposite actually. fact is, fully G3'ing a specific model does something very good.

When G4 modeling starts I'm sure all the G3 modeled amps are going to sound crap too (Even the final G3 amp that Cliff may have finally gotten done a week before a new G4 model was released lol)

Ahh human nature....

With as picky as we can be you'd think we were paying a big premium for each new firmware update. I've gotten well over hmmm, 75 new amp models minimum since I first bought my Axe, and nearly every initial model from purchase has gotten G3'd. All for FREE....

Cliff could of gone and said the move to G3 will require a $250 upgrade, or price each new FW version at $79 etc, but all the development, since the very first firmware has been completely free of charge. Should be impossible to be "bummed" about anything with regards to the Axe II and/or the development rate

to play devil's advocate on this... sure they sound good, no doubt, and this argument's been brought up many times before, but truth is once any newly G3'd model was introduced over the past updates, not anyone's expectations were ever let down. quite the opposite actually. fact is, fully G3'ing a specific model does something very good.

sure, but it still doesn't make any current amp sound bad. everything is relative, and most of this discussion type is based on comparison. of course if something described as "better" will be available in the future, the current offering is thought of as "less than." :)

I'm not "bummed," but count me in the excited column for G3'd D60, Hot Kitty, and Princetone.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sung to the intro of Money for Nothing....

"I want my amp G3'ed."

Oh and throw in some chicks for free too.

When G4 modeling starts I'm sure all the G3 modeled amps are going to sound crap too (Even the final G3 amp that Cliff may have finally gotten done a week before a new G4 model was released lol)

The problem at the moment appears to be for Cliff to get hold on the reference models again. That’s how it looks to me when he’s posting something along the lines of “look what I just found on eBay” and in the next release there’s a G3 version of some amp. So my guess that there’s a lot of work to actually buy all the amps that goes into the Axe Fx 2 so when G4 comes along, all the reference amps are already acquired and it’ll be much easier to G4 those amps. Just a guess though :)

I still use a "G2" amp, it sounds great, it'll probably sound great when it's G3ed. I'm actually more worried that what I like about the amp might not be there when it's G3'ed. I guess I'm more of a "conservative" amp guy. Once I find something I like, I don't want it jacked with, but so far, that hasn't been the case with any of the amps I use that have been G3'd so far, so I'm probably worrying for nothing. But it's still a worry, and it's not gonna just go away because someone said I should just not worry about it. It's gonna eat at me, and I'm gonna think about it every time I play the song I use it on. It's human nature, but it's still nothing to ruffle everyone's feathers with either.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, stop worrying about it, when it's done, it's done. I know that's not very comforting, but Cliff has said on numerous occasions he's working on this as fast as Cliffly possible. Which is faster than us normal humans, but it still takes time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually more worried that what I like about the amp might not be there when it's G3'ed.

This has happened for me for a couple of the amp models, although it's no big deal. I've either moved on to another model or reworked my approach/tone.. in fact, this has happened numerous times over the many FW updates from 1 to 20.

And on the flip side, I've found almost all of the models have improved a little or a LOT over time w/ all the FW updates. I'll take this all day long every day..

In fact, I didn't realize just how many amps have been G3'd until reading this thread. Very impressive.. I guess Cliff owns that many amps these days. Damn..

This has happened for me for a couple of the amp models, although it's no big deal. I've either moved on to another model or reworked my approach/tone.. in fact, this has happened numerous times over the many FW updates from 1 to 20.

And on the flip side, I've found almost all of the models have improved a little or a LOT over time w/ all the FW updates. I'll take this all day long every day..

In fact, I didn't realize just how many amps have been G3'd until reading this thread. Very impressive.. I guess Cliff owns that many amps these days. Damn..

I've been pretty luck this time around. So far every time a new G3 hits that I use, it only seems to sound more like what I was going for.

When things were still in G2, it happened a couple of times, but Cliff always seemed to deliver something that helped me get back to where I wanted to be.

I'm totally happy with either G3d models or the previous ones. To be bummed out is pretty strange, if you grab an amp and like the sound, that's the whole idea! If it becomes improved, awesome! But remember it's your ears and hands, not newer firmwares or tons of new amp models. If you feel at ease and think it can't be improved (for your perception) then probably you should stick with it (have in mind that Cliff kept the Brit Pre besides adding the newly acquired JMP1 models, just for a famous artist who uses the Brit pre sim). The level and amount of work Cliff and team are putting into the Axe is astounding.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom