Wish Amp X/Y toggle behaviour

Smilzo

Fractal Fanatic
Well, two wish... let's start with the issue. I set a footswitch to toggle amp x/y: the change is quick, but no seamless, and the x/y function on the footswitch does nothing.
I remember Cliff told us that if the amp type stay the same, then it will be possible to have istant switch. Let's introduce a new type of "function" (call it A/B amp toggle) that recall a subset of parameter (say: drive, hi-mid-low, master, level) and combine them with X/Y in new amp (X/Y)/ab toggle:

- a short press change seamless from A setting to B setting (ie, rytmh level & boost for a solo)
- a long press toggle between X to Y state (ie, clean & lead)

Both X & Y have AB state & toggleability... so the net result is to have 4 different setting stored, and consistent behaviour of the footswitch.

If that's a problem, just having an improved behavior when switching from X to Y while keeping the same amp would help a lot.

I wish I had a "solo" boost as fast as possible (changed often within a song). I use X/Y as two amps, one clean (say bassman) , the other dirty (plexi style). I chose between songs which sound I need. So even if there is a gap or delay in switching, I don't mind.

To solo I set up a drive, or a comp, or a filter... but often I just need a little bit of more "mid", or harmonics... the sound is already there, but I need to add block to adjust level, not texture... it's a bit of a waste... :D

If a/b is confusing, then think about normal/solo... just adding a few parameters (solo level, solo master, solo drive) that could be toggled with the footswitch could be very useful on stage.

I wish I had a "solo" boost as fast as possible (changed often within a song). I use X/Y as two amps, one clean (say bassman) , the other dirty (plexi style). I chose between songs which sound I need. So even if there is a gap or delay in switching, I don't mind.

To solo I set up a drive, or a comp, or a filter... but often I just need a little bit of more "mid", or harmonics... the sound is already there, but I need to add block to adjust level, not texture... it's a bit of a waste... :D

If a/b is confusing, then think about normal/solo... just adding a few parameters (solo level, solo master, solo drive) that could be toggled with the footswitch could be very useful on stage.
The AMP block has a boost switch which you can connect a controller to. You can easily attach CS1 or CS2 to it, and then have that boost readily available. That's just one of many suggestions that will get you where you need.

The AMP block has a boost switch which you can connect a controller to. You can easily attach CS1 or CS2 to it, and then have that boost readily available.
Tnx Joe, I use CS1 for wha and CS2 for whammy.
It could be a good idea to link the boost to the XY toggle, (setting the behaviour as X/Y or booster mode as a global setting). This will free a controller, amp toggle both as a booster and as amp X/Y. Best of both world. ;)

Tnx Joe, I use CS1 for wha and CS2 for whammy.
It could be a good idea to link the boost to the XY toggle, (setting the behaviour as X/Y or booster mode as a global setting). This will free a controller, amp toggle both as a booster and as amp X/Y. Best of both world. ;)
how are you using control switches for wah and whammy?

I use the CS to control the sweep; autoengage to engage the fx. There is a wonderful video explaining step by step the procedure...

Back
Top Bottom