Amp X/Y... is there a better way?

Jammer77

Inspired
I'm wondering if there is a better way. I currently have most of my presets set up with Amp X/Y on FS 1 with the only difference being a higher gain setting. Amp X I have set as my clean and the Amp Y is set as the same amp but with slightly higher gain setting as my first stage dirt. I don't like the gap when switching though. Since I am using the same amp on both is there a better way to do this maybe with control switches where I wouldn't have the gap? Cheers.

I'm using a drive pedal and dialing it in instead of the amp.
Currently my favorite patch uses the Carol-Ann Triptik a Rat OD, and a Celestion pus IR.
I setup the Triptik for clean, and then tweak the rat until happy for my high gain.
Other than that X/Y (or AXefxII) is best option that I know of.

I'm using a drive pedal and dialing it in instead of the amp.
Currently my favorite patch uses the Carol-Ann Triptik a Rat OD, and a Celestion pus IR.
I setup the Triptik for clean, and then tweak the rat until happy for my high gain.
Other than that X/Y (or AXefxII) is best option that I know of.
I use an Xotic RC Booster for 2nd stage gain and filter block +5 db for 3rd. Works well it's just the amp x/y gap that is a bit annoying.

I use 2 controllers in my main patch.
Setting up my Scenes 1 thru 4, Clean to Lead, the gain increases as the scenes go up.
I use controller #1 on Input Drive and controller #2 in the Cab block to control volume level.
This way as the gain goes up I can maintain the consistent volume I need throughout the scenes.
I love to use the looper to tweak my settings watching the VU meters and I also use a SPL meter to measure room volume DB.

Back
Top Bottom