Amp Type

jt19002

Hello folks, self admitted total newbie here. Been playing for 40 years decided to buy an Axe Fx. I have read the manual several times, but given it’s size and capabilities I still have no idea what I am doing.

ive noticed that a lot of the presets I download, default to 59 Bassguy in the amp type area. I can download Metallica and it comes in as 59 Bassguy. Even though I know it’s a recto or Mark.

also, lets say I have a C++ in preset 401. If I go to slot 400 and change the amp type to a Lonestar, when I go back to 401, the amp type Is now Lonestar, not c++. Clearly this is user error, just hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Would appreciate any help

Hello folks, self admitted total newbie here. Been playing for 40 years decided to buy an Axe Fx. I have read the manual several times, but given it’s size and capabilities I still have no idea what I am doing.

ive noticed that a lot of the presets I download, default to 59 Bassguy in the amp type area. I can download Metallica and it comes in as 59 Bassguy. Even though I know it’s a recto or Mark.

also, lets say I have a C++ in preset 401. If I go to slot 400 and change the amp type to a Lonestar, when I go back to 401, the amp type Is now Lonestar, not c++. Clearly this is user error, just hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Would appreciate any help
This is using axe edit right? When I open axe edit it always shows whatever amp I have as bassman, until I click the amp model on and off then it shows the actual model. Once you click the amp after opening axe edit you should be fine.

also, lets say I have a C++ in preset 401. If I go to slot 400 and change the amp type to a Lonestar, when I go back to 401, the amp type Is now Lonestar, not c++.

This sounds very much like your presets might be using Global Blocks for the Amp block. If you change a Global Block in one preset, that change will be reflected across all presets that use the same Global Block. To check this, open preset 401 (for example) and in Axe Edit click on the Amp block. Then in the lower left corner of Axe Edit it should say (Unlinked) under Global Blocks if your amp is not linked to a Global Block.

If you are using Global Blocks, then you can unlink them from the same place in Axe Edit so that you can change the amps separately.

What firmware and Axe-Edit versions are you running?

Did you buy new or used?

Are you seeing this amp type issue only in Axe-Edit or also from the front panel?

My guess is that it is only Axe-Edit and either you're on a version that's too old for the FW or you need to do "Refresh after firmware update" in Axe-Edit.

Don't forget to hit "save". If you move to another preset without doing that, all changes are lost. It's actually a good thing once you get used to it, but it sounds like you are tweaking without saving, so it just goes back to the default. Fractal life starts with a 59 Bassguy, which is a lovely sounding amp, but not much use if you are playing Mettalica.

Liam

Back
Top Bottom