Amp turned down, guitar coming through. Level setting issue

Ampedown

Hello all.
I'm trying to turn down the amps in my preset to keep them from clipping. As I am doing this in the utility>VU page, my amp tone gets quite but my naked guitar is coming though my monitor just as strong. The VU meter isn't going down either. Whats going on?!

Hello all.
I'm trying to turn down the amps in my preset to keep them from clipping. As I am doing this in the utility>VU page, my amp tone gets quite but my naked guitar is coming though my monitor just as strong. The VU meter isn't going down either. Whats going on?!
How exactly are you turning the amps down? Do you have parallel rows that are still sending full signal.

Help us help you.:)

So in my axe fx 2 xl: Utility>VU Knob A decreases amp A db and knob B controls amp B db. I don't believe I have any parallel rows. In my Axe Edit I have one line touching input, one touching output, and one going to FX look pre cab for routing to guitar cab. Just noted that my effects still come through when clicking on my MFC as well, but no amp tone.

So in my axe fx 2 xl: Utility>VU Knob A decreases amp A db and knob B controls amp B db. I don't believe I have any parallel rows. In my Axe Edit I have one line touching input, one touching output, and one going to FX look pre cab for routing to guitar cab.
Do you have both Amp blocks in the Preset?

If so, is the Bypass Mode set to Mute or is it set to Thru (for both Amp blocks)?

Now I know what the bypass mode does. Set both to mute and it worked like a charm. You're a damn genius and a gentleman. Thank you!

Now I know what the bypass mode does. Set both to mute and it worked like a charm. You're a damn genius and a gentleman. Thank you!
for most blocks, Thru makes the most sense. Mute is needed specifically for the 2 amp setup that i'm guessing you have. otherwise that dry signal comes through the amp that's not on.

It was having a 2x amp set up with both set to "thru" instead of "mute" that was affecting my ability to gain stage.

Back
Top Bottom