Amp & Tone Matching In The Axe-II : Am I Understanding This Correctly?

In addition to this frivolous post by me, there's been 70 other replies. Only one actually addressed the OP (the one where Cliff answered the questions). Awesome!

I think people are confusing hype with enthusiasm.

Is this really worth ranting about? If you're watching a movie trailer, do you get angry and call Warner Bros why the trailer doesn't show how the movie ends?

The official definition of difference between hype and enthusiasm:

Hype is when KPA or Line 6 do it

Enthusiasm is when FAS does it ;-)

For which ever reason it is.... it really sucks that the basic atmosphere has gone from amazement/wonder to an area that seems hostile (of course passive-aggressive). What makes it more of a downer is all parties involved are, and check previous posts, good people. It's seems to be a chess match of counter-point arguing that no longer has a resolution that is meaningful in terms of reverting the "sour" effect that has incurred. It seems like there is a struggle between:

(A) The folks who bought it for the market item that it was and the product it can produce

and

(B) Folks that want a guarantee of the product's future potential for the purpose of making a wiser purchase in their benefit.

I don't know fellas... If Cliff scraps the whole idea.... I still got more than my money's worth and I got the intended product that I purchased. I just can't help but think, in comparison, the product support I've received in the past by other companies... (my experience) T.C Electronics, Digitect, DOD, Peavey, Mesa-Boogie-at times,..etc. In the times that I purchased their products, I've never received free pickups, truss rods, tubes, transistors, ... a friggin refund, ... or decent SUPPORT.

I guess alot of folks, myself included, have finally found a good thing here after years of wasted cash, time, money, ... blah blah blah... and once we finally have it... we protect it.

I guess in short, and please whoever may or may not take offense - its my opinion, buy it for what it currently does. If that's not enough then we'll tell you how badass it is in days/months/years when you make an alternate decision.

Love you Cliff (Bro-mance of course),
One Dam Proud Axe-Fx II Owner

OMG! PAN! Hadn't thought about it in years! Anyone remember 'Total Music'? They had a forum on there. Use to 'talk' with Douglas Adams of 'Hitchiker's guide to the Galaxy' on PAN. Ahh, doze were da daze!
OMG! That was the same Douglas Adams??? This sounds silly but I forgot that.

For which ever reason it is.... it really sucks that the basic atmosphere has gone from amazement/wonder to an area that seems hostile (of course passive-aggressive). What makes it more of a downer is all parties involved are, and check previous posts, good people. It's seems to be a chess match of counter-point arguing that no longer has a resolution that is meaningful in terms of reverting the "sour" effect that has incurred. It seems like there is a struggle between:

(A) The folks who bought it for the market item that it was and the product it can produce

and

(B) Folks that want a guarantee of the product's future potential for the purpose of making a wiser purchase in their benefit.

I don't know fellas... If Cliff scraps the whole idea.... I still got more than my money's worth and I got the intended product that I purchased. I just can't help but think, in comparison, the product support I've received in the past by other companies... (my experience) T.C Electronics, Digitect, DOD, Peavey, Mesa-Boogie-at times,..etc. In the times that I purchased their products, I've never received free pickups, truss rods, tubes, transistors, ... a friggin refund, ... or decent SUPPORT.

I guess alot of folks, myself included, have finally found a good thing here after years of wasted cash, time, money, ... blah blah blah... and once we finally have it... we protect it.

I guess in short, and please whoever may or may not take offense - its my opinion, buy it for what it currently does. If that's not enough then we'll tell you how badass it is in days/months/years when you make an alternate decision.

Very,very well said.

I read it before it vanished :). It was long but I would guess it was only one line that doomed it..

It's not important. It was an apology. Let's consider this matter closed. I hope we can drop this discussion and move on. I've deleted my posts here (not the moderators) to try to promote closure of this entire matter.

Thanks.

OMG! That was the same Douglas Adams??? This sounds silly but I forgot that.
Really!!! I devoured his books when I was in college! The only books I ever read more than twice! I was dumbstruck when he died. The guy was utterly brilliant. I always felt the HHGTTG wasn't finished and hoped there would be a fifth book in his trilogy of four.

Just a shame he was a devout atheist. No one will ever hear from him again.

Now where did I put that towel...

After a short discussion in PM with Search4Tone I too have deleted my posts in response to his. I would like to reiterate that often it is not what is said but how it is said IMO. We also often forget that it is an international audience and sometimes the “tone” of what we type is not at all what is interpreted. Also, many have been here longer than others and have got to know certain posters senses of humor. I too apologize for any misunderstandings and hope nobody takes anything I say with personal animosity. I’m just an old fart who thinks we are ALL better than that.

The bottom line is we all are very passionate about our gear and this is an awesome time to be a guitarist. This is BAR NONE the most helpful and passionate product user forum on the net. I say that with experience in hand as I literally sat here for hours when I bought my Ultra 4 years and was very frustrated on how to even hook up the cables. As a total newbie I was helped by professionals and that is just unheard of in todays “it’s all about me” times. It’s time we all take a step back and realize that in a world where children go to bed hungry, we really are a tad full of ourselves when we have to get so bent out of shape over a piece of gear. Any gear for that matter.

Thanks for the PM’s Search4Tone. All is good…

Guys. I also get the idea that some of the negativity is caused by the enormous numbers of people that feel the need to respond to the first negative.
Somebody says "this is hyping" and numerous people jump on it. Just let a couple of guys deal with it and if it's dealt with, stop fueling the fire. I think that's what T75 here was going at with above passage?

Can somebody close this thread, please?

Back
Top Bottom