Amp & Tone Matching In The Axe-II : Am I Understanding This Correctly?

If you've got a problem with listening to beta-based clips then don't listen to them. I want to hear them. I've got no problem waiting for it to be done and appreciate the effort put into it by the beta testers that dedicate the time into putting it through the paces. I've beta tested plenty of stuff and it's generally not a great time; atleast not if you do it right. That means getting into everything, even the stuff that you aren't really interested in and seeing if you can break it. And you know what? Haven't you ever spent a lot of time working on a tone or something and you think that it's great only to find out the next day that your ears were fried and it sounds like ass? Bouncing a few of these early results off a set of ears (the ears of the customer in this case) is something that I can't find a single fault in.

I just like to think that the fact that we're in the stage where its close enough to actually get some ears on it that they're a lot farther along than I had originally thought they'd be at this point.

How can anyone derive anything negative from some demo clips? People were asking for an update on the progress; nothing beats showing off some actual results rather than just saying "yeah, it's pretty cool man".

It's one of those things that a person or company never can do right.
Doing previews causes anticipation and search for information. While that information cannot be given always, due to development stages etc.
Not doing previews will cause people to accuse: "Why didn't you tell us earlier? Then I would have ..." etc. Plus there's a constant demand from users for upcoming information, also without the clips.

Last edited:
Clark: "See that kids? That's the St Louis Arch.. the Gateway To The West. It's over 600ft tall, and there's an elevator all the way to the top! That's 60 stories to you and me."

Russ: "Can we go up in it, Dad?"

Clark: "No."
Russ: "why not Dad?"

Clark: "Because it's still "Under Construction" and access is restricted, just like any unfinished building!"

I heard Adam's clip and got excited. I posted it. And as usual, we get accused of doing it for marketing purposes. That's why I don't come here that often anymore.

Yea the Internet is "jumping the shark" for a whole lot of people these days it would seem, my self included. YouTube comments are the best case for arguing for the benefits of censorship lol...

Russ: "why not Dad?"

Clark: "Because it's still "Under Construction" and access is restricted, just like any unfinished building!"

LOL... thank you for that. My intent in posting that was... it is something as meaningful or meaningless as one would like it to be.. metaphoric, erroneous, ridiculous, etc. It covers all bases and none. It also doubles as a great metaphor for Life. Consider. Discuss. Preferably over Pop-Tarts and Tea. Or, Top Parts and Tee. Four! (or five, whatever it takes.. to get you through the night...)

So can anybody answer my OP ???

Is my understanding of the info released by Cliff, Scott, and Adam since Friday correct?? If not then which part is wrong.

I'm not asking for new info, just clarification of the info released since Friday. Thanks

So can anybody answer my OP ???

Is my understanding of the info released by Cliff, Scott, and Adam since Friday correct?? If not then which part is wrong.

I'm not asking for new info, just clarification of the info released since Friday. Thanks

Yes, your basic summation is correct. When matching an amp I just use a Y-cable and play through both simultaneously.

I heard Adam's clip and got excited. I posted it. And as usual, we get accused of doing it for marketing purposes. That's why I don't come here that often anymore.

Well, I and many others thank you for the early heads up and I would assume there are FAR more that genuinely see it for what it is. There are always going to be some squeaky wheels that are going to complain and make noise no matter what you do.

I owned an Axe Ultra, and was excited to get it.Own the Axe 2 now, waited 3 months for it. Again excited. I know there will be future FW updates and hearing about them, again, pretty exciting. But this thread has made me PAINFULLY aware that
"I am officially OLD" Its very cool about FW 6.0 and I'm once again pretty jazzed about getting to use it, but...... I can wait.

Last edited:
Yes, your basic summation is correct. When matching an amp I just use a Y-cable and play through both simultaneously.

Thanks for clarifying this for me. I'm totally looking forward to these new features and love the fact that the tone matching takes place inside the Axe-Fx without having to use a DAW or Ozone etc.... and that it will be its own block. You rock!!

I really hope you can release 6.0 by or before the end of March!!

I look at it this way, Microsoft always leaks tons of info to create hype to get people to hold off and buy whatever is the next generation. Such leaks have a vast affect on computer sales as OEMs await the new software.

What did we know about the iPad 3 before it came out? Nothing from Apple, just some leaks from parts manufacturers right?

I have no problem with the clips being posted and the hype it creates, however it is either naive or disingenuous to act as though there is no benefit to Fractal by their release. When Fractal themself release the clip, of course the assumption is marketing, that is business 101. Even if that is NOT THEIR INTENT, the perception is the reality and when Cliff states "as usual" obvious he knew this going in. So just own it, it is defacto marketing and it does help sales, whether that was the intention or not. There is nothing wrong about it.

A simple statement of the usage would alleviate many questions, as would a proposed release date. Add two weeks to whatever you think to account for problems.
there's no hype. it was a simple case of enthusiam which was shared with users here on the forum. some received it as that, some obviously didn't.
if the 6.0 upgrade would cost money, I could understand most of the posts, but since that's not the case, just be happy that you heard a little piece of the not so far future of the Axe you'll all be part of.

but as always, there's an incredible amount of "I demand" here on the forum which certainly used to be way different years ago. is it so hard just to be simply excited for once without demanding anything when it's not even finished ?

It's a fucked up state of affairs when someone gets shit for showing off their innovation and is then accused of 'marketing' that technology - as if that's a bad thing.

Tone/Amp Matching looks great, I hope FAS continues reveling in their accomplishments.

I think it's a great feature. In fact, it's darned SUPER feature if you ask me.

To get tangled in such a soap-opera-turn-of-events kind post is really just losing energy and good mood on something that will really not bring any good thing to any parties involved. I LIKE to get these previews and get excited, even if I don't even own yet the Axe.

In the end, I think we are all on the same side of the fence, we want or have an Axe, want to know how to use it to our advantage and want to be able to share our good (and sometimes not so good) experiences with the people on the forum. Hell, the users on the forum are the ones that make it live and evolve.

So why do we tend to change these kinds of words regarding something so off-topic on this forum as marketing?

I have removed my posts from this thread. Some have been quoted and I can't change that, but no need to cause a controversy.

Dear Cliff

I would not mind the accusation too much.Everybody get accused by competition(usually due to lack of own ideas) if one improve its product.There are much more admiring people than the few(noisy) shouters.

And still they fail to name the company which provides such substantial updates of things which were never existing when they bought(IF they ever bought) free of charge.Things which change functions of a unit well beyond ones guess.

So pls stay here and interact with the real users and the ones with serious comments

My 2cents-->educated in car industry*

Roland

*I work for Honda here in Europe and hybrid technology must be bad as Volkswagen and others dont have them (yet)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom