amp stand for axe fx II?

I've mentioned this before, but if you take an x-frame keyboard stand, a case will fit in that v nook part of it (not laying flat). My singer uses one for his 4U & used the EXACT same stand for an 8U rack. It was stable & perfect height.
I remember you mentioning that before. One of these days I'll have to get hold of a double-braced x-frame stand and give it a whirl. The height scares me a bit, but that's just me. I've never tried it. In the meantime, I'll admit I'm just a bit spoiled by the portability of my Ultimate stand, but I wouldn't mind having the Axe at waist level instead of on the floor.

A video of me banging around my AFX2 & keyboard stand showing it's pretty steady. I'm banging it pretty good to get it rocking like I do & I don't think you might see that regularly:
Axe-FX2 & keyboard stand - YouTube

An idea of the height, I'm 5'8 & the knobs are PERFECTLY placed:
IMG_20120218_151213.jpg

Laygo- what brand is that, I'm curious? I see a number of stands online and yours looks sturdy- would like to pick one up.

So the promised follow-up on the Ultimate stand:

With the 3U 12" Gator case on it there's 13" from the floor to the bottom edge of the case. With the 6U 19" SKB case on it there's 16" from the floor to the edge of the case. So not much distance really.

The 12" case is very stable on it. The center of gravity is well over the area where the three legs meet.

The 19" rack was also quite sturdy. I'll definitely be keeping it for use with this rack. As you can see from the side profile, it's actually about the same size as an amp, so that makes some sense that it'd sit on there well. I'll still try to keep the weight closer to the bottom of the case, nearest the support bar, so the center of gravity stays low.

It's certainly sturdier than if the case was on it's side. But not as sturdy as if the case was just lying flat on the floor.

A decent middle ground.

I took a bunch of pictures for you. Various angles so you could see what's going on. The empty 3U case has a nice shot where you can see that the flip-out bars are spaced fairly wide on the case.

Last shot in the series shows the stand, folded, relative to my All Access for a size comparison. Folds up darn small.

Let me know if you have any other questions about it.

Ultimate Amp Stand

Thanks for the pics Ian C. I was using something similiar to this with the Ultra but since the II is longer my cords are right at the edge with a shallow Anvil case. I didnt see any cords in your pics but I would guess those arms holding the bottom of the rack are real close to where the Line outs are. Do you have any issues with your cords getting tangle"d up on those bars?

I am tempted to just get a deeper rack but the shallow case is alot easier to lug around.

franklantern said:
Thanks for the pics Ian C. I was using something similiar to this with the Ultra but since the II is longer my cords are right at the edge with a shallow Anvil case. I didnt see any cords in your pics but I would guess those arms holding the bottom of the rack are real close to where the Line outs are. Do you have any issues with your cords getting tangle"d up on those bars?

I am tempted to just get a deeper rack but the shallow case is alot easier to lug around.

I've switched to a 19" case with the II so the cords are well inside the case. With the 12" case you had to watch where you placed the cords in relation to those arms.

Laygo- what brand is that, I'm curious? I see a number of stands online and yours looks sturdy- would like to pick one up.

I think it's a ProLine double x brace keyboard stand. The double x is important.

Also, what wasn't documented in the photos, was that my singer then stuck his 4U (shallow) case on top of mine & they both were secure.

The only time I intend to use the stand is when I'm going direct, otherwise, I'm just sticking my case on top of my 4x12.

@LAYGO: I just took a closer look at your video. That's a really slick way to use one of those X-type keyboard stands. Nice bit of re-purposing there!

@LAYGO: I just took a closer look at your video. That's a really slick way to use one of those X-type keyboard stands. Nice bit of re-purposing there!

Credit where credit is due, my singer came up with that. He's been using it like that since about 2008. I never needed it until I started going direct. Now I want to get one of my own. Craigslist for killer deals on them. I just missed out on TWO different ones for $20ish.

Laygo---

Got my OnStage double X stand today.

PERFECT height, very stable, and love that its at an angle. The depth is perfect for the 19" rack case on my II. THANKS!

Back
Top Bottom