Amp sim requests

Where are the boutique, super-simple amps?

I'd like to see more boutiquey, single-volume and tone control amps. I was digging through the Wiki list and couldn't find a single amp that is just volume and tone.

IE, some of the Dr Z offerings, as well as the Guytron GT series and Alessandro's amps.

Schematic for the Guytron GT100 lives here:

Amplifier for a guitar or other ... - Google Patent Search

Yes, it's patented. The A channel is awesome because the gain staging changes as you rotate clockwise on the Tone, and the B channel has a very wide gain range since it's using a dual-ganged pot for the gain control. It would probably only be necessary to model the 18watt half of the GT100 since the EL34 section only serves as clean amplification.

Part of my want for single-tone control amps is so I can experiment with those tone stacks on amps that are more "traditional" to see what I get :D

Like the Little Walter? ;)

Actually, that would be a pretty good choice. I love that greasy 40's and 50's vibe! I'm curious how Cliff's modeling would handle octal preamp tubes; are there any other octal amps currently modeled in the AFX?

I'd like to see some of the modern interpretations of single-tone and volume amps, of course. That's why Alessandro came to mind.

You know, it's crazy; I used to be this big, high-gain metalhead. Now I find I'm digging those awesome, bluesy, dynamic in-between tones more and more. Go figure :D

Last edited:
I would love a sim of some acoustic amp(Fishman perhaps) as that is something that is not really included. Just a thought.

Fryette Pittbull, Ultralead or CLX (better both:mrgreen).
Why? Because it's great all around amp with very tight, solid, roaring sound, which wins in any (really any) mix. And i don't get it, why there is uberschall, VH4, CAA and no PittBull?) Rhythm channel is my all time personal favor for all time. Maybe the only thing that stoped me from buying axe-fx before was that there no Pittbull in it) Now i'm selling my ultralead to order Axe-fx II, because it will be standard of guitar modeling for the next few years, and i think that i and the army of Fryette fans, which is very big, would be very pleased having this amp in their axe.

+1 on VHT's...Pitbull, CLX, Ultra, etc... Thankfully I own a CLX but it is certainly a different enough and unique enough voicing to warrant it's own amp sim

Sunn Model T, Matamps, Orange OR100....any of the old fuzzed out doomy classic tube amps that have that unique tone

Budda amps! I think that the Stringmaster, Verbmaster and Dual Stage 30 are all quite unique and sound awesome. I have a Stringmaster and a DS30 if they are needed for the amp sim. The DS30 is quite the rare bird!

I'm sure this has been said before, but

1. ENGL Savage 120 lead channel(s?)
2. ENGL Fireball lead channel
3. Framus Dragon & Cobra

\m/

Mesa Mark V would be awesome. Ch1's modded fender tone is sweet and chime-y and i loved ch2 for soloing, thick and warm but cutting in the right way, and ch3 extreme is a great high gain metal sound.

Randall Century 200's and/or Warhead would be cool for we Pantera fans too. i was doing a cover band and could not dial in a tone at all to do justice to the material.

Been looking over thread for a while today, and as someone who is waiting to get his Axe-FX II, here is what seems to be the most sought after amps on this thread.

1. Fender Super Reverb with Ceaser Diaz mods - The SRV amp. Can't get those tones with other Fenders. You can get similar good bluesy tones, but it is not the same.

2. ENGL Savage (or possibly Invader)

3. Diezel Herbert

4. Lab Series L5

5. VHT Amp (usually Pitbull is mentioned)

6. Mesa Lonestar

7. Two Rock Amp (or Fuchs, or something else in this style)

There are so many amps mentioned in the 800+ posts so far, I know that I overlooked some and probably weighted some with my own bias. If these 7 amps were modeled over the next few years, you would pretty much have every tone covered. Sure an AC15 might eventually get added, or some obscure boutique amp, or another Dr. Z or Orange amp but I think these 8 would have everything covered. The Two Rock/Fuchs would give people another flavor of the Dumble thing. The Lonestar would give people Mesa's best shot at a clean channel (which sound awesome BTW). The Lab Series would be loved by the Jazz guys. The VHT, Herbert, and Savage are probably the most mentioned gain amps. The Super Reverb Diaz mod gives everybody access to the elusive SRV tone like you can't get with the other Fenders.

Claudel is right, We now have tons of wonderful amps but
many guitarists play also the thing with a long neck : bass :)
...We need a pair of legendary bass heads with 15" & 10" cabs.

And again, we (I?) also need an acoustic sim, IR are fine but not sufficient, to get the character, the body, of an acoustic guitar.
I'm sure that the incedible processing power of the Axe II can do miracles....

Back
Top Bottom