Amp sim requests

I apologize in advance for not having a schematic with this request, but I'd really like to see a fortin amp of some kind in the axe, aside from an Ultra, a Fortin is the only thing I'm GASing for now.

Cali or Hulk modded marshall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEhFg1_JmjM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G314cz7 ... re=related

Meathead Channel 1, 6
http://www.fortinamps.com/audio/Meathead_DropA_Mix.mp3

Meathead Channel 2 4 6
http://www.fortinamps.com/audio/Meathea ... H2_4_6.mp3

Meathead Channel 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM7Svwuf0_8

I know these type of tones aren't for everyone, and personally I would use a little less gain try to get a little less compression, but they make some really mean modern metal tones, dry, tight, articulate, and I havn't heard tones quite like them out of other amps.

StudioCat said:
3 Monkeys Orangutan.

This amp seems to be on everyone's "best new amp" of the year list. It's also different than most of the amps out there in that it doesn't have a variable gain and master. Just a 5 position gain "structure" change.

Here's a really goo clip that covers it all;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RLeCWts5JE

SC

Great Amp! didn't know about it, thanks for the link

Ibanez Thermion all tube head - (100% military grade and boutique quality for the price)

Engl E530 Pre for the thick yet edgy crunch!

JCM800 with KT88s (such as the KK beast)!

Anything by Diamond Amplification

The very fine Preamp section of UK-made Marshall Valvestate 8100 or 8200 which has only a single preamp tube

Gencives said:
Larrikin666 said:
ENGL SE EL34. The ENERGYBALL sim just doesn't hit the SE tones. The Powerball is overly compressed and lacks the dynamic response I get from my SE. I'd happily send my SE into Fractal if it meant that a proper ENGL sim would be the result.
+1 for more ENGL amps
This! An SE or even an Invader 150 would be way too sick.

OK, I know I am not the only one that wants a grinding, tight, high gain SOLID STATE preamp sim. In my opinion, it is the only thing missing from the most versatile piece of guitar equipment on the planet.

I would suggest the Randall RG100HT preamp. This would be great for anyone looking for Pantera tone, Crowbar, White Zombie, George Lynch's tone in Dokken, and Def Leppard

Another great solid state preamp is the Marshall Valvestate, but I think the Brit Pre sim gets pretty close with the power amp turned off, so it might be kind of redundant. But I don't think there is anything that sounds just like a high gain Randall solid state preamp in the Axe.

Here is a picture of the front and the insides:
January2010022.jpg

January2010023.jpg

Here is a schematic for the RG100ES head preamp, which I am pretty sure is the exact same preamp found in the rack Rg100HT version.
RG100ESschematic.png

Re: Amp sim requests 1963 Fender Vibroverb

I believe that this amp is sonically different than the other amps that might be considered comparable in the Axe Fx Arsenal. I d love to see it added. I have real one and there were only 500 made - the first fender amp with reverb. Let me know what you need to model it. Pristine cleans very different than the Twin Reverb and a crunch i have never heard from any other amp. The layout was different than the 64 version. the 63 has 2 - 10" oxfords at 4 Ohms

DawnOfIniquity said:
OK, I know I am not the only one that wants a grinding, tight, high gain SOLID STATE preamp sim. In my opinion, it is the only thing missing from the most versatile piece of guitar equipment on the planet.

When I requested that last time in here, I was pretty much ostracized from this community.

I would suggest the Randall RG100HT preamp. This would be great for anyone looking for Pantera tone, Crowbar, White Zombie, George Lynch's tone in Dokken, and Def Leppard

Thank you! That is the one of the best solid state amps ever and the only amp Dime ever used on the Pantera Records in addition to the RG100ES and the same goes for Damage plan - despite endorsements from Krank and despite the false advertising that he was using the Warheads - actually it was ALWAYS this and the ES.

Another great solid state preamp is the Marshall Valvestate, but I think the Brit Pre sim gets pretty close with the power amp turned off, so it might be kind of redundant. But I don't think there is anything that sounds just like a high gain Randall solid state preamp in the Axe.

I give you the mightiest of hails for the fact that you actually know what you are talking about. I will be following your activity closely on these forums. Thank you.

Its about f%#$king time someone admitted that the Valvestate preamps ARE indeed high quality preamp sections. Finally - thanks. Because people are calling it junk when in fact - James Murphy uses it for all his leads - and I have never heard an amps respond that well and thick to punchy lead playing as did the medium priced valvestates.

http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/album/C ... ce/3952914

Here is a picture of the front and the insides:
January2010022.jpg

January2010023.jpg

Here is a schematic for the RG100ES head preamp, which I am pretty sure is the exact same preamp found in the rack Rg100HT version.
RG100ESschematic.png

I really hope Axe comes through on this one. This amp and the Valvestates (and the first generation MGS - [NOT the current MGs - the older ones]) - are amps with the finest refined gain in existence if you enjoy a more defined sound that takes that transistory type sound into more edgy definition. (Actually the valvestates have an even more cleaner and more defined synth-like gain in my opinion than the Randalls - but those have a different mid tone so they are both great.)

Everything that both I and member Dawn of Iniquity have stated here is 100% verifiable with independent corroboration. The valvestates had amazingly defined razor sharp distortion that was extremely clean. Unfortunately there are far too many bigoted people who ignore the facts about the amps you have shared just because they worship the religion that has a god in the form of a tube. I think this issue has been finally resolved. Please introduce the Dimebag and James Murphy lead tones into the realm of Axe FX.

Tone_Freak said:
"Its about f%#$king time someone admitted that the Valvestate preamps ARE indeed high quality preamp sections."

"Finally - thanks. Because people are calling it junk when in fact - ..."

"Everything that both I and member Dawn of Iniquity have stated here is 100% verifiable with independent corroboration."

"Unfortunately there are far too many bigoted people who ignore the facts about the amps you have shared just because they worship the religion that has a god in the form of a tube. I think this issue has been finally resolved."

I see a pattern in your way of thinking.

steadystate said:
Tone_Freak said:
"Its about f%#$king time someone admitted that the Valvestate preamps ARE indeed high quality preamp sections."

"Finally - thanks. Because people are calling it junk when in fact - ..."

"Everything that both I and member Dawn of Iniquity have stated here is 100% verifiable with independent corroboration."

"Unfortunately there are far too many bigoted people who ignore the facts about the amps you have shared just because they worship the religion that has a god in the form of a tube. I think this issue has been finally resolved."

I see a pattern in your way of thinking.

And we are using digital equipment.....

exoplanet said:
Gencives said:
Larrikin666 said:
ENGL SE EL34. The ENERGYBALL sim just doesn't hit the SE tones. The Powerball is overly compressed and lacks the dynamic response I get from my SE. I'd happily send my SE into Fractal if it meant that a proper ENGL sim would be the result.
+1 for more ENGL amps
This! An SE or even an Invader 150 would be way too sick.

Count me in. I can get close to my ol' SE with the Energyball but as Larrikin666 said, it just ain't the same. I have the schematic...

Now, let's take votes on which channel with which switches engaged we want :D

Waiting for my unit to arrive...

I'd like to see those sims included:

Mesa: MkIIc, Lone Star, Stiletto.
Carvin: Legacy I (I don't think the schematic for vII is available yet). Latest revision(F) of the schematic is here:

http://www.carvinguitars.com/cartech/cr ... VL100F.pdf

I have built the Legacy's distorted channel up to the phase splitter and mated it with a 4watts, push-pull, triode power amp(ECC99 by JJ), so I can confirm the schematic above is correct.

Cheers

I have yet to post on these forums but I find it fitting that my first would be in this thread. I've had my Axe-FX for half of a year now and my favorite amp models include the ENERGYBALL and the 5105.

However... I would love to see an ENGL Invader sim.

1) I do not have the amp itself but I'm sure someone does and is willing to allow it to be used for the sim.

2) Reasons for this suggestion: The ENGL Invader series is the best of ENGL's amplifiers. For the sim I'd recommend something along the lines of what Channel 4 represents. That being an excellent high gain modern tone for both Metal and Rock guitarists alike as well as, in my opinion, the best lead tone out of any single amplifier. It has a warmth and depth that are unparalleled and though you can already obtain an amazing lead tone with the Axe-FX at the moment, the Invader model would surely replace most if not all of the amps I use for my lead patches. To add to what I've already stated I could see the ENGL Invader being the amp that becomes the next 5150 in the modern rock/metal world making it an excellent fit to the Axe-FX's already extensive list of amp sims.

I would like to see the following amps:
Bogner Fish
Fryette(VHT) Pittbull
Randall RG100, V2, or Warhead
Krank Revolution or Krankenstein
Lee Jackson GP-1000 Preamp
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
Rivera Knucklehead w/ Rivera Los Lobottom 2 Sub 2x12
Peavey 6505
Blackstar Series One 100
Diamond Phantom
ENGL Fireball or Invader

It would be interesting to see some Krank amps, because I think they have a very unique sound. The sweep knob really makes your sound change in a big way. You can go from Marshall like mids to a very high gain sizzle. It would be pretty kool to see that incorperated in Axe FX. I also think it would be awesome to have a few Randall amps added as well due to their distinct sound. Being a fan of Lee Jackson and his mods, I would love to see a version of the Lee Jackson GP-1000 preamp, and its Mid switch. Other then that I would like to see more ENGL, Peavey, Mesa Boogie, and Fryette(VHT) amps added to the existing line up of killer amps. It would also be badass to see more original Fractal amp creations! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom