Amp sim requests

I know there are a few clean amps. But, I would love another jazz model amp, like the Polytone Mini-Brute. This would be a better match for George Benson/Joe Pass patches than the Roland Jazz amp. This is a very unique amp and worthy of a dedicated model, especially for jazz buffs that use the Axe-fx.

I'd still like to see some vintage amps out of the norm such as some Ampeg models, Selmer, Watkins, Orange & maybe even some Gibson & Gretsch models. Any amp which strays from the standard Fender, Vox, Marshall circuits that already abound would be interesting to have - e.g. amps with EF86 or other pre-amp tubes.

I'm thinking a few more varieties of Fender would be nice too (e.g. Super Reverb) but wonder if you can't get those sounds already by using the advanced parameters & different cab IRs.

Zelja said:
I'd still like to see some vintage amps out of the norm such as some Ampeg models, Selmer, Watkins, Orange & maybe even some Gibson & Gretsch models. Any amp which strays from the standard Fender, Vox, Marshall circuits that already abound would be interesting to have - e.g. amps with EF86 or other pre-amp tubes.

I'm thinking a few more varieties of Fender would be nice too (e.g. Super Reverb) but wonder if you can't get those sounds already by using the advanced parameters & different cab IRs.

Yes please!

Framus amps, Hughes and Kettner Triamp, Carvin Legacy. Official schematics below.

Framus Amps

here are all the official schematics

Why? I worked for Framus/Warwick some time and in my opinion these amps were really good and on the other hand - different than amps that we already have in Axe.

Cobra
This is an extremely tight modern higain amp, great for low tuned guitars, modern death metal, stuff a'la Fear Factory etc. A bit similar to Engl Savage in response. It has a mid-cut switch, but I would leave this function off - we still have a lot of ways to cut the mids.

Dragon
Thick sound with grainy drive, a lot of gain - works very well for stuff a'la Black Label Society. It has a more classic response than Cobra

Ruby Top
Framus Class A design. Plenty of gain, nice, round sound - this is Vox meets Matchless. Very responsive to volume knob in guitar

Hughes and Kettner Triamp
I own this amp for many years. I would like to see EL34 version modelled (it has a bit more bite in midrange). Channels 3A and 3B are my personal favourites. 3B is something like Recto meets SLO100 but still got it's own flavour. 3A is very responsive, dynamic, demanding and thick sounding.

Official H&K Schematic

Carvin Legacy
This amp has a quite unique voicing - a lot in Marshall direction but still different. Why should it be added? Steve Vai sound - for starters. Again - responsive to playing dynamics and volume knob, huge midrange, works very well for low gain rhythm and cool lead sounds when pushed with overdrive pedal. And again... Steve Vai. :)
Schematic

The Carvin Legacy would surely be cool. Also I'd really like to see the ENGL Savage (in my opinion the reference amp for german style (power) metal). and Diezel Herbert. From the boutique corner, why not a Larry?

Cheers,
Jonas

29a said:
The Carvin Legacy would surely be cool.

Didejek said:
Carvin Legacy
This amp has a quite unique voicing - a lot in Marshall direction but still different. Why should it be added? Steve Vai sound - for starters. Again - responsive to playing dynamics and volume knob, huge midrange, works very well for low gain rhythm and cool lead sounds when pushed with overdrive pedal. And again... Steve Vai.
http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/tom/ ... ar_leg.zip

Some info here from a previous thread regarding the Legacy in the Axe FX:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=12538&p=121614&hilit=legacy#p121614

Would be good to get further confirmation/clarification on this.

Cheers

Ochanomizu said:
Would be good to get further confirmation/clarification on this.

I worked for Carvin distributor here in Poland for a while and played plenty of Legacy's. They don't sound like XTC at all to me.

To all bass players:

I've posted a thread over at TalkBass forums to invite requests for bass amps they would like to see added to the Axe-FX. I've also made it clear that the amps cannot be added unless Cliff has access to the schematic for it, or to the physical thing.

For those of you who are being linked here from TB, :) .

Here is that thread: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=636992

+1 to the 2001RB. The amp of choice for Justin Chancellor and Flea, among many others.

Sixstring said:
mortega76 said:
Maybe we should have a "master list" with all the amps (along with links to schematics) in a nice orderly fashion along with maybe a polled that votes for each amp? I would start one but I wouldn't know where to begin!

Well seeing how this list is pretty old and long I suppose you would have to go through and record all the amps that have been requested and cross refference thoes with ones that cliff has already added. You could then start a list with the left overs. I would pic out the ones that have a schematics as to make things easer for Cliff as well as making the list then set them up a poll as you have suggested. Great idea man... now get to it :mrgreen:
fwiw, I kinda did that about a year ago, almost exactly halfway through the thread from when you posted this! (sorry about the late reply to this particular post... I usually ignore this thread! :lol: )...
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=392&p=46215#p46215
...and now we have an Orange! :)
(and I think we already had an Engl at that point...)

Back
Top Bottom