Amp sim requests

scarr

Experienced
Since I know some people will still want to request amps, you may do that here. The key to having any chance at getting an amp request handled is two fold:

1) Have a schematic (an amp available to send to Cliff is a bonus, but not enough)
2) Give an explanation for why the amp you want is significantly different from the other amps in the Axe-Fx.

Many amps share very similar designs and the advanced parameters will let you tweak many of these differences out. You have to be able to convince Cliff that you're suggesting something the Axe-Fx plain can't do as it is now.

For example:
The UniValve is a true Class A amplifier, which no other amp in the Axe-Fx is. For a schematic and more information, contact* Ed DeGenaro. ;)

HAVE FUN!

*(I mean Cliff, not you, forum goer.)

Amps:

1966 Marshall JTM45/100
4xKT66 output tubes - unique transformers - Giant cleans - Jimi@Monterey - Too bad mine's gone or I'd donate it for modeling.

For the bass players

SVT SVT SVT :lol:
Nothing quite like it under 85Lbs - Till now? - Please.
There's already a nice cabinet sim. Needs the head.

Ampeg B-15 Fliptop - for those Motown Moments.

SUNN 2000s
Dynaco iron and KT88 - Toob Hi Fi bass at it's best
The giant 2x15 JBL cabinet is in it's own class as well.

Cabinets.
Something with a JBL D130F for the guitars

Something with a JBL D140 ( maybe even 2 ) for the bass.

Something besides 10" for bass - Orange OBC115 maybe.

claudel said:
Cabinets.
With User Cabs, there is far less need to request certain cabs here. You can if you want, but a "REQ" thread in the IR forum might get you a fix sooner.

I mentioned these on the old forum a few times before...

1) Carvin X100-B, series 3 1983-88 model

2) VHT Deliverance 120 with 'more' setting

3) Rockman Clean

1) ENGL Savage 120.
It's a very high gain amp that a lot of metal / rock bands use, specifically on the LEAD 2 channel with the ROUGH switch engaged. Sounds very unique in the midrange. Also, it uses 6550 tubes so that in itself makes it unique. How many hard rock amps use those tubes? Very few.

2) CAE 3+ and/or CAE 3+SE preamp.
This preamp seems to be the quintessential, ultimate rack-user's preamp. Most everyone who uses a rack loves this preamp. As a matter of fact, a lot of Axe-Fx users had this preamp before they bought their Axe-Fx.

GreatGreen said:
CAE 3+ and/or CAE 3+SE preamp.
This preamp seems to be the quintessential, ultimate rack-user's preamp. Most everyone who uses a rack loves this preamp. As a matter of fact, a lot of Axe-Fx users had this preamp before they bought their Axe-Fx.
I'm really not the person to talk about this, but I recall a thread on the old forum about this. People pointed out that the individual channels are based on standard amps that the AFx already has modeled. I believe some people even matched certain channels/sounds up.

I don't really like to request amps, because generally you can tweak what's already in there to get "that" tone already, but just incase...

The Engl Invader 100

And the Cameron CCM-100, and or CCV-100, both sound awesome.

Like I said, I haven't had the chance to try for these amps (yet,) but I'm requesting them anyway, because they are 2 of my top 5 favorite amps.

The other 3 are either the Mark II C+ (which has already been requested,) or they are (defiantly) already represented in the Axe-FX, in one form or another.

claudel said:
SVT SVT SVT :lol:
Nothing quite like it under 85Lbs - Till now? - Please.
There's already a nice cabinet sim. Needs the head.

And if a Schematic is needed, let me know, I can email it to ya. :mrgreen:

I want a LAB SERIES L5 amp model and a 1x15 cab to accompany it. There are plenty of hard driven amps but only one or two amps that does the clean thing. None of them, however, have that jazz sound... The Roland 120 is too slick, for instance! Check it out: http://www.rru.com/~meo/Guitar/Amps/Lab/

If it was up to me, I'd take the 120 out and replace it with the L5!

Amphibian said:
I want a LAB SERIES L5 amp model and a 1x15 cab to accompany it. There are plenty of hard driven amps but only one or two amps that does the clean thing. None of them, however, have that jazz sound... The Roland 120 is too slick, for instance! Check it out: http://www.rru.com/~meo/Guitar/Amps/Lab/

If it was up to me, I'd take the 120 out and replace it with the L5!

+100000

the jazz chorus is mainly known for it's chorus, any could be dialed in to sound like it. I think he had to add that amp just to say it's there, since all other modelers have it.

ive been able to dial in just about all my favorite sounds except a good ty tabor tone. The lab completely cleans up when you roll back the volume, ty does it all the time on the older kings x records. roll back up and it's creamy distortion, and sustain for days. i could get something that gets close, then roll back the volume and it is still dirty. Believe me i've been trying and there is nothing in the axe-fx that sounds like it.

maybe thats the way we should "prove" amps values, if we get a well documented tone, agree that is the sound for that particular amp (probably impossible) and then try to replicate it, if everyone fails, then that would warrant flagging it as a possible update.

I know the Soldano is somewhat close, but I'd still love to see a original "block letter" 5150 for doing stuff like Hagar-era VH patches, a lot of the newer metal and hardcore bands use the amp too...

Back
Top Bottom