Amp sim requests

SliderJeff said:
ToreFagerheim said:
ENGL Special Edition, ENGL Savage, ENGL Blackmore sig, ENGL Invader.

Basically just more ENGL. The current Powerball sim doesn't really do it for me, I'm such an ENGL fanboy...

+1 billion :)
+ another billion. Me needs ENGL for Br00talz and power metal happyness

Not so much an Amp but a signature sound that leaves every other metal amp I have heard in the dust!!!

Dino's modded marshall from the Demanufacture album!!!

animal said:
Not so much an Amp but a signature sound that leaves every other metal amp I have heard in the dust!!!

That would be neat, but where would we get the schematics for that? The guy who did the mods apparently became pretty difficult to find, which is why Dino didn't get another one when his got stolen. I've been able to get in the general area by putting something like a Rat or a tube overdrive in front of a JCM800. I'm sure you could probably get pretty close to that sound with the right tweaking.

mortega76 said:
Wow! It's great to hear that you'd be willing to working with Cliff on this endeavor Trace... I think the best "terms (that) are fair/agreeable for both companies" would be the great cross promotion/marketing for each unit and the word of mouth that would be generated by this colaboration. In other words... once someone hears a "VoodooRecto" Axe-fx amp sim model, they'll say to themselves... "Damn, that sounds freakin' amazing! I can't get my Recto to sound half as good as that... what is it?" Then the Axe-fx owner would enthusiastically say... "It's a model of a Voodoo modified Rectifier!" Then they would potentially want that awesome Voodoo mod! Win/Win if you ask me! (This of course is only my opinion)... either way thanks for chiming in!

+1 sir, +++++++++++++++++1

Tom said:
animal said:

That would be neat, but where would we get the schematics for that? The guy who did the mods apparently became pretty difficult to find, which is why Dino didn't get another one when his got stolen. I've been able to get in the general area by putting something like a Rat or a tube overdrive in front of a JCM800. I'm sure you could probably get pretty close to that sound with the right tweaking.

oh man ...I had a patch I got from axechange ages ago I tweaked and got fairly close but lost it :(

he had a couple of those amps but one was his fav
they used to pop up on ebay early 2000's

I think we have enough heavy sounding amps would prefer to see a Mesa Lonestar modeled or the clean channel off the new Mesa Mark V which sounds amazing! I would like to see an Elmwood Modena modeled if and heavy amps are modeled. It is a cross between a Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ and a Bogner from what I have heard.

Anyone ever tried Wizard amps ? Basically 4 and a half grand super Marshalls...A friend of mine has two in his studio and eventhough I wouldn't trade them for my Ultra, man...they definitely rawk.

rsf1977 said:
mortega76 said:
Wow! It's great to hear that you'd be willing to working with Cliff on this endeavor Trace... I think the best "terms (that) are fair/agreeable for both companies" would be the great cross promotion/marketing for each unit and the word of mouth that would be generated by this colaboration. In other words... once someone hears a "VoodooRecto" Axe-fx amp sim model, they'll say to themselves... "Damn, that sounds freakin' amazing! I can't get my Recto to sound half as good as that... what is it?" Then the Axe-fx owner would enthusiastically say... "It's a model of a Voodoo modified Rectifier!" Then they would potentially want that awesome Voodoo mod! Win/Win if you ask me! (This of course is only my opinion)... either way thanks for chiming in!

+1 sir, +++++++++++++++++1
Where did that quote from Mortega come from ? Did I miss something really good ?

brettllingle said:
I think we have enough heavy sounding amps would prefer to see a Mesa Lonestar modeled or the clean channel off the new Mesa Mark V which sounds amazing! I would like to see an Elmwood Modena modeled if and heavy amps are modeled. It is a cross between a Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ and a Bogner from what I have heard.

There are so many high gain amps I think we could certainly use more clean and midgain choises like the lonestar

New Axe owner chiming in. I have a Fryette/VHT Pittbull Ultra-Lead going out the door to fund the axe and I would love nothing more than to replace it with a model. It is a very distinct amp and I really don't think any of the sims are similar. Even the D60. The only issue is finding a schematic. I think Steve is pretty tight with these. I was surprised to ever see a D60 schematic floating around.

I seriously wish I would have known that he was building these models from schematics. I would have had no problem at all sending my UL to him to do this. Sadly I am shipping it to the new owner tomorrow.

Hi all,

Although "they" have already been requested, I'd like to request again but with a bit of a "business" perspective. There are a lot of bands that play in sub genres of "stoner" rock (doom, sludge, southern, etc) that mostly use Orange, Green, Mata amp, Electric, amps in some way shape or form. These people who play the music and who listen to it are EXTREMELY passionate about their tone. I think it would be smart "business-wise" for Cliff to model one or more of these amps to open his already GREAT product to a new market of tone hungry, some-what older (probably with a lot more disposable income), stoner/doom freaks that would LOVE to be able to recreate some of their favorite tones but would probably never be able to lay their hands on one of the above amps.

Let me say that I am NOT an Axe-fx owner. But, I am in the market for an amp solution that has boiled down to either getting an axe-fx or an Orange Rockerverb 100. I would, as would hundreds of people who like the same type of music as I do, love to not have to carry around a million pound half stack. But I will if thats the only way for me to get the type of tone I am looking for.

I saw some Orange AC120 schematics posted earlier in this thread. Here's hoping that Cliff can see the potential for expanding his user base by including one or more of the above mentioned amps. They have a unique tone, that I don't believe is represented in the current axe-fx line up.

Waiting on the fence...

- Jason

Cliff has said recently that he IS working on an orange rockverb, but he simply is strapped for time right now. IT IS COMING though... its in the pipeline. The way people have been clamoring for it, its probably going to be the next one.
~mx~

Coop said:
New Axe owner chiming in. I have a Fryette/VHT Pittbull Ultra-Lead going out the door to fund the axe and I would love nothing more than to replace it with a model. It is a very distinct amp and I really don't think any of the sims are similar. Even the D60. The only issue is finding a schematic. I think Steve is pretty tight with these. I was surprised to ever see a D60 schematic floating around.

I seriously wish I would have known that he was building these models from schematics. I would have had no problem at all sending my UL to him to do this. Sadly I am shipping it to the new owner tomorrow.

Man i'd give my left leg for Cliff to do an Ultra-lead model. There is definitely nothing like it on the axe. The deliverace is an entirely different amp.
~mx ~

marvinx said:
Cliff has said recently that he IS working on an orange rockverb, but he simply is strapped for time right now. IT IS COMING though... its in the pipeline. The way people have been clamoring for it, its probably going to be the next one.
~mx~

REALLY?? nice! Ok, I know you will probably not have the answers to these questions, but here it goes:

1. Were in did he mention this? do you have a link?

2. Did he mention WHICH rockerverb? As there is a HUGE difference between the 50w and 100w amps.

Thanks marvinx, I appreciate your response! you are probably responsible for me purchasing an axe-fx :p. Hopefully you can get some sort of commission! ;)

- Matchless DC-30
- Matchless Clubman
- Fender BF Super Reverb
- Marshall SuperBass
- Ty Tabor's new Egnater rig ;)

Back
Top Bottom