Amp Selection

Satch4u3

Experienced
I am not sure what causes it but at some point, not always, when I using the front panel, the amp model changes on it's own to something other than I have selected. When this happens I'll select the amp block and and press edit. When I try and change the amp model, the onscreen selection appears to be locked on to the amp model that I had initially selected. When I try to change amp model the "selection box" doesn't move to the next amp model in the list but I can see in the top left corner that the model changes and hear that it changes. Also looks like it only selects amps around it. For example: Last night I was on the Friedman BE V1 model, when the issue occurred I pressed down and it selected Friedman C45. Down again and the amp model wouldn't change to anything else. I then pressed left and it selected a Herbie model. Again would not move to anything else when I pressed up or down and the onscreen cursor was still locked on to Friedman BE V1. Changing to another preset and back appeared to have brought everything back to normal.

I am on Firmware 1.06 but was seeing it on the 1.05 firmware as well. Anyone else experience this??

We’ve seen this in previous FW, and it’s been corrected everytime. If you can, try to get some clue or pattern to what makes it happen.

I am not sure what causes it but at some point, not always, when I using the front panel, the amp model changes on it's own to something other than I have selected. When this happens I'll select the amp block and and press edit. When I try and change the amp model, the onscreen selection appears to be locked on to the amp model that I had initially selected. When I try to change amp model the "selection box" doesn't move to the next amp model in the list but I can see in the top left corner that the model changes and hear that it changes. Also looks like it only selects amps around it. For example: Last night I was on the Friedman BE V1 model, when the issue occurred I pressed down and it selected Friedman C45. Down again and the amp model wouldn't change to anything else. I then pressed left and it selected a Herbie model. Again would not move to anything else when I pressed up or down and the onscreen cursor was still locked on to Friedman BE V1. Changing to another preset and back appeared to have brought everything back to normal.

I am on Firmware 1.06 but was seeing it on the 1.05 firmware as well. Anyone else experience this??
yes...but its random

I just got my Axe FXIII today and had the same thing just happened to me. You described it pretty well. It came with firmware 1.05. I noticed the bug when I tried to make my first preset after updating to firmware 1.06. I was just getting ready to post a thread about it when I saw your thread describing the same thing.

I think this happens very random ...but I have seen it when creating a new preset. It isn't always. Probably worth investigating

I seem to recall that it happened at one point when I was copying scenes. I will do more testing today.

Please list the steps to recreate the bug.

It happened to me when trying to create a preset. I had no problems selecting an amp for channel A. It happened while trying to select an amp for channel B. I had been working on re-creating my main preset for about 5 hours when it happened. After turning the Axe FXIII off and back on it seemed ok, but I didn't do much more last night. I'll be adding amps for channels C and D tonight and trying to finish re-creating my main preset. I'll let you know if it happens again.

thanks for the info guys. i tried doing most of that last night, but it didn't happen to me.

random bugs are the hardest to find and fix. any updates, please let us know. i'll continue looking too.

Back
Top Bottom