Amp Output Mode

yoitsmegabe

Inspired
Is it normal for the output mode to sound the same on both settings? I only hear a difference on one scene on one of my patches. On the rest of the scenes or patches (including factory presets) changing to ss pwr amp + cab doesn't seem to do anything. On the patch that it does do something, it just sounds bit louder.

What is your setup? Are you running it through a solid state power amp and cab? If not, that may be why you arent noticing much difference. I notice a difference in the feel and substance of the tone. It's definitely a bit thicker sounding. It sounds universally better on all my patches as I am running it into a qsc pld 4.2 and Marshall cab.

You should notice things beef up a bit for every patch. You'll notice it mostly in the attack. It's pretty noticeable on heavier patches when you do some chugging. Volume levels probably play a factor as well.

You should notice things beef up a bit for every patch. You'll notice it mostly in the attack. It's pretty noticeable on heavier patches when you do some chugging. Volume levels probably play a factor as well.

I did notice a bit of a change on those few patches, but that was it. What's weird is that nothing changed on other scenes/channels. For example on channel B of my main patch I have a mesa c++ with more mids for playing leads. When I change the mode on that amp in that channel, I hear absolutely no difference. When I change the setting on channel A I hear a volume bump and maybe the "beef" you're referring to, but that could just be from the volume bump. On cleans I hear nothing at all.

Hi guys, I know this is an older thread but I have noticed that when Im just jamming my AXEFX3 through my 2 JBL EON610s, It sounds a little fuller and "clearer" in ss pwr amp + cab mode (which is odd because I would expect the PAs would sound better in FRFR mode), is that what most people experience?

Back
Top Bottom