Amp or Preset for the 'fattest' single note lead?

BillyZeppa

Power User
Since the AFX has it all, I'm just wondering what folks are using to get their fattest tone on single note fills, riffs, and leads, as opposed to more complex or nuanced lead and rhythm/complex chords parts. :pride:

It's very IR dependent for my presets.

I find the ones that work by using the default amp block and cab block settings.

Then audition IR's until I get the right feel from my high E string.

"Fattest" is too arbitrary. That can mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people. Can you give an example of an artist/solo break that emulates the sound you're looking for? For me, "Fat" is very much an Eric Johnson type semi distorted lead tone. Very round and full with some reverb and a slight delay.

"Fattest" is too arbitrary. That can mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people. Can you give an example of an artist/solo break that emulates the sound you're looking for? For me, "Fat" is very much an Eric Johnson type semi distorted lead tone. Very round and full with some reverb and a slight delay.

Thanks, barhrecords, Ron_R, I guess the first example that comes to mind is Toni Iommi from original Sabbath recordings (although my memory may be a bit distorted at this point). I'll see if i can come up with some more examples. I'll be looking for single note leads where notes are thick, with girth, even in higher registers...

Thanks, black bitch. I'll try that. Do you use one cab with 0.0 delay, and another with 0.6ms delay, and pan them both to center?

Yes like Cliff in one thread once said...the ohter one is 0.06ms so it's a lot less than you wrote...I don't pann them to center - but why not give it a try..

Back
Top Bottom