Amp models

New to the Axe FX world
Just wondered whether anyone had taken the time to go through all the amp models available and provide a description / similarity to real life amps to help guide decisions when building your own sounds?

The amp model gallery linked by guitarman69 above is a good introduction to the amp models. It's a great place to start if you want an overview of the models along with a list of notable users of the original amps.
Yek's guide is the deep dive for each model, containing lots of info about the amps and how to tweak them. It's a 300 page PDF though so it's more of a reference for fine-tuning your preset once you've chosen your amp(s), and less of a guide for deciding on which models to use.

Back in October 2020, I was in the same situation where I didn't know which Fractal models corresponded with which real life amps. I got permission from Yek to do these since I got most of the info from his wiki page.

There are 3 files - One sorted by real life amp, one by Fractal amp number, and one by Fractal model names. I print these and keep them handy.

I updated them through Firmware update 15.0 with the new 59 Bassguy Jump model.

Hope these help!

Attachments

• Real Life Amp 12.28.20.pdf
    212.2 KB · Views: 108
  • Amp Number 12.28.20.pdf
    212.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Amp Model Name 12.28.20.pdf
    212.3 KB · Views: 64
Back in October 2020, I was in the same situation where I didn't know which Fractal models corresponded with which real life amps. I got permission from Yek to do these since I got most of the info from his wiki page.

There are 3 files - One sorted by real life amp, one by Fractal amp number, and one by Fractal model names. I print these and keep them handy.

Hope these help!
Many thanks. This is a great help !

Hope these help!
Thank you for this.

Back
Top Bottom