Amp models with reverb and trem (vibrato)?

YOGA64

Inspired
Please don't shoot me, I still don't own a product by Fractal, hopefully I will soon..........

The question is about the amps that have reverb and trem in them (Fenders, etc.)

Have these amps been modeled with the reverb and trem circuit as well?

i.e. Do they have controls for the reverb and trem speed and intensity on the amp models themselves?

Have mercy, I just want to learn.............:rolleyes:

Some of the fenders have been modeled using the rev / vibrato input. This input gives a slightly different gain structure than the normal input.

But the integrated reverb / vibrato inside the amp is not modeled.

Instead you add reverb / tremolo before or after the amp.

The exception is bias tremolo. The amp block does have a bias tremolo builtin. This varies the bias of the power tubes. It doesn't sound exactly like a fender but its a cool effect.

The exception is bias tremolo. The amp block does have a bias tremolo builtin. This varies the bias of the power tubes. It doesn't sound exactly like a fender but its a cool effect.

How to replicate it on AX8? Using modifier (LFO) on BIAS of power amp?

How to replicate it on AX8? Using modifier (LFO) on BIAS of power amp?

Power Amp Bias and nearly all of the other advanced amp parameters can't have a modifier attached. On the Twin and Deluxe models I just do a Reverb block (set to spring) into a Tremolo block (set at default) into the Amp block; it hits the mark for me.

Is there a list that shows all the things that are deleted from the regular amp models in the AX8 (and any other blocks that are less than whole)?
I didn't know they have 'dumbed down' versions in there. I knew there are memory limitations to how many blocks a preset can hold but I missed any mention of parts missing from within the blocks you can have...

For example, did the Swart Spacetone model lose its tremolo too?

Last edited:
Is there a list that shows all the things that are deleted from the regular amp models in the AX8 (and any other blocks that are less than whole)?
I didn't know they have 'dumbed down' versions in there. I knew there are memory limitations to how many blocks a preset can hold but I missed any mention of parts missing from within the blocks you can have...

The Bias Tremolo isn't available in the Amp Block on the AX8, regardless of the model selected.

According to the manual, it also isn't just a simple LFO attached to the virtual power amp bias. It looks like it has a lot of things going on under the hood, which is probably why it was deemed to CPU heavy for the AX8.

Search the page below for "AX8" and you'll see which amp block features have not been migrated to the AX8.

Back
Top Bottom