Amp models - relative volumes

adew

Inspired
I'm sure this has been covered before, but here goes.

Each amp model has its own gain structure, naturally, and each model's default settings have their own master volume, presence, etc, etc, which results in differing volume levels from model to model, correct? Well, at least that is my experience.

How do people adjust these relative volumes to give consistency in, say, a live performance setting? For example, let's say I have three presets, each with a different amp block and I want to ensure that the perceived volume of each preset is the same. Do you just use the amp block level parameter and play around with this to balance the relative volumes? Or master volume, or both? Just to clarify, my question is about which parameter to use.

The reason I'm asking is that, inspired by the AOTW thread and hence playing with this model for the first time, I find the Uberschall to be rather quiet compared to, for example, the Recto models.

Thanks for any insights.

Determining the relative volumes isn't the issue, I just wanted to be sure that using the Amp level is the best way to do it.

PS: Clean? What's that???? :lol

Determining the relative volumes isn't the issue, I just wanted to be sure that using the Amp level is the best way to do it.

PS: Clean? What's that???? :lol

Ah, ok... well then yes the level control is the best way to adjust. I thought I would throw that out there as it does present an issue if and when you go to use clean tones the Axe will clip before they get loud enough to use in conjunction with distorted tones of the same volume.

Amp level

sometimes an additional filter block at the end of the grid that I bypass / unbypass to get more volume for solos, finger picking, or just because I want to be the loudest in the band :)

Back
Top Bottom