Amp Model Updates

That's a really naive statement with unbelievable arrogance. I've been using modeling equipment for 20 years. I'm well aware of each generation of Axe.
Well, it was not intended as either. I'm not sure where you see any arrogance in my statement?

If you are "well aware" then you're not demonstrating that.

As has been mentioned here, there have really been a limited number of cases where amps have been modeled again... And those have almost exclusively a physically different version of an amp. Which of course warrants modeling of that amp.

"You're pretty new here and the Axe Fx III is still a baby, unlike the Axe Fx II, so you lack some history and prior experience."

"If you are "well aware" then you're not demonstrating that."

Both arrogant statements. Read the thread. I have made concessions on a number of these points. You're just trying to one up someone on your specific knowledge and experience rather than taking all statements into context.

"You're pretty new here and the Axe Fx III is still a baby, unlike the Axe Fx II, so you lack some history and prior experience."

"If you are "well aware" then you're not demonstrating that."

Both arrogant statements. Read the thread. I have made concessions on a number of these points. You're just trying to one up someone on your specific knowledge and experience rather than taking all statements into context.
We're talking about something where specific knowledge and experience are important.

You stated that you have been using modeling for 20 years. Great... But not relevant to this discussion - none of those modelers do things the way the Axe Fx does.

Most of them use a lot of specialized filters and EQs to achieve their results and so revisiting how they do that might make sense.

The Axe Fx models the circuits. The circuits don't change.

In any case, I'll just see my way out. I have no need to continue in this conversation...

Is it worth Fractal revisiting older models and re-modeling since we have new DSP available in the Axe-Fx III? Some of those older models are fantastic but could they be improved?
There's not really anything to discuss here. If you read the release notes you'll notice that this has happened in the past and will likely continue to happen as Cliff finds ways to better represent the circuit topologies or notes mistakes in the existing models that need correcting. For extreme changes, he's even created new model variants so people can keep the old model if they prefer it to the updated version of the model (see the HBE, HBE 2018, HBE V1 and HBE V2 for examples -- but there are others as well. See here for the list.).

There's not really anything to discuss here. If you read the release notes you'll notice that this has happened in the past and will likely continue to happen as Cliff finds ways to better represent the circuit topologies or notes mistakes in the existing models that need correcting. For extreme changes, he's even created new model variants so people can keep the old model if they prefer it to the updated version of the model (see the HBE, HBE 2018, HBE V1 and HBE V2 for examples -- but there are others as well. See here for the list.).
Cool I’ll just delete my account momentarily and just wait for updates from Fractal. This was meant as an open discussion. I am aware of the release notes and compontent modeling vs what others do. This forum is more of I told you so rather than open for discussion. I bought into Fractal specifically for what you are describing. Assuming someone hasn’t read release notes and followed the technology is just lame.

Cool I’ll just delete my account momentarily and just wait for updates from Fractal. This was meant as an open discussion. I am aware of the release notes and compontent modeling vs what others do. This forum is more of I told you so rather than open for discussion. I bought into Fractal specifically for what you are describing. Assuming someone hasn’t read release notes and followed the technology is just lame.
And I'm participating in your discussion by stating my point of view.

You seem to be dragging your own thread in to the mud. The common element in all of these negative interactions is you. I'll suggest you review the rules of the forum and then maybe take a break from the keyboard.

And I'm participating in your discussion by stating my point of view.

You seem to be dragging your own thread in to the mud. The common element in all of these negative interactions is you. I'll suggest you review the rules of the forum and then maybe take a break from the keyboard.

Agree to disagree. Can you or an admin delete my account? Sorry I don’t see a clear path to do so. Anyway nothing personal folks I argued with. I feel like there’s a desire to stop discussions and it’s frustrating. It might just be me, but that’s my feedback. Most importantly we love Fractal and that’s what is important.

this seems like an overreaction.

i feel like the OP had in mind a certain way this thread would go, starting off with
I have a fun discussion question

and though he asked for opinion

I don't want to assume that updates are needed but wanted to know what you folks think.

he kept reshaping the question as it went along to get specific discussion:

It's more of a question if re-models could provide a more articulate version of the amps.

You can remodel interactions between components of the amp using the extra DSP. I'm not necessarily suggesting a full remodel.

responses like "There's not really anything to discuss here" and "You'll see things like what you are talking about added in FW all the time" are people letting you know what they think.

i feel that an open question was asked, and the answers didn't go the way the OP necessarily wanted. starting a discussion means people will share their opinions and they may not agree with your own.

i see no reason to delete one's own account for that.

I feel like there’s a desire to stop discussions and it’s frustrating.
if you ask someone's opinion and they say their opinion is there's nothing more to discuss, that's their opinion and their direct answer to your question. other people can feel free to chime in after that. i see no discussion being stopped.

this seems like an overreaction.

i feel like the OP had in mind a certain way this thread would go, starting off with

Very fair assessment. Well balanced. Thank you.

and though he asked for opinion

he kept reshaping the question as it went along to get specific discussion:

responses like "There's not really anything to discuss here" and "You'll see things like what you are talking about added in FW all the time" are people letting you know what they think.

i feel that an open question was asked, and the answers didn't go the way the OP necessarily wanted. starting a discussion means people will share their opinions and they may not agree with your own.

i see no reason to delete one's own account for that.

if you ask someone's opinion and they say their opinion is there's nothing more to discuss, that's their opinion. other people can feel free to chime in after that. i see no discussion being stopped.

Very fair assessment. Well balanced. I was reacting to “there’s nothing to discuss.” Either way thanks for reading. Please delete my account. Thanks!

I was reacting to “there’s nothing to discuss.”
is it because a Moderator said that? i get this reaction sometimes. i'll express my opinion - it can be anything on any topic - and people react as if i'm presenting my statement as "law" solely due to the Moderator badge. some also think my statements represent the entire company too.

kinda sucks. we gotta do work AND we can't speak freely :oops:

is it because a Moderator said that? i get this reaction sometimes. i'll express my opinion - it can be anything on any topic - and people react as if i'm presenting my statement as "law" solely due to the Moderator badge. some also think my statements represent the entire company too.

kinda sucks. we gotta do work AND we can't speak freely :oops:

Oh no no definitely not. You are free to say whatever you feel. Nothing to discuss is not shut down statement. Feel free to voice your opinion all you want. I would probably expect a strong reaction to statement. Either way I don’t feel the desire to participate here nor read it. You and all of you are free to say what you want but if you’re making assumptions then make it clear you’re making those assumptions. Otherwise it comes off as arrogant.

Oh no no definitely not. You are free to say whatever you feel. Nothing to discuss is not shut down statement. Feel free to voice your opinion all you want. I would probably expect a strong reaction to statement. Either way I don’t feel the desire to participate here nor read it. You and all of you are free to say what you want but if you’re making assumptions then make it clear you’re making those assumptions. Otherwise it comes off as arrogant.

Sorry is a shutdown statement.

¯\(°_o)/¯

The odd thing is: I agreed with you @kennyg75 . And pointed out that the company did as well.

Edit: if you change your mind and want back in, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of every page on the forum.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom