Amp Model Specific Youtube Tutorials: Is this something you would be interested in?

james...

Experienced
Long story short, I run a very modest but quality (I think) Youtube channel. I have been an Axe-FX user for almost 10 years now, and currently have an AXE III.

Something I have always wanted is a Youtube series that goes deep into the nitty gritty of each model (like Yek's writeups) but does it in a 10-20 minute video in a concise way, with info like:

-What are some historic tones w/ this amp and how to possibly dial them in?
-What cabs/speakers should this amp be paired with?
-How do the controls work?
-What famous players used the amp, and how?
-Other interesting tidbits people may want to know.

I think that Leon Todd is already attempting something similar to this, although not as amp specific and not exactly in the format I'm proposing.

I have the resources and skills to do this myself. Just wondering if there's a lot of interest. Personally, I would love something like this.

As someone who's never played most of the amps in the Axe-FX in real life, I'd definitely be into this. Especially some of the more obscure models, I generally avoid them since I generally have no idea how to dial them in. It would be great if you could show examples with both humbucker and single coils.

My friend, this is a huge challenge. Extreme work, tremendous effort, huge amount of time. I sincerely think that every member of the Fractal Forum would watch your videos. It doesn't matter whether a newbie or an old wolf.
👍👍👍

I think its a cool idea, however, I think it could get a little redundant for a lot of the models, so maybe instead of "nitty gritty" model specific episodes, it could be an episode that covers many of the similar models, like all the blackface Fender circuits, all the tweeds etc, instead of a one on the Deluxe, one on the Vibrolux, one on the Concert, one on the Showman, et al.....

I would check it out, for sure.

It's not something I would likely purchase, unless there were tons of viewers raving over it, and it offered me something beyond what I already know. Not that you indicated you were seeking payment, but I just wanted to throw that out there, just in case, to help you with "market decisions".

I'm always looking for other's ideas - that's why I'm here on this Forum..... if you're interested in taking the time, I would love to check it out.

Back
Top Bottom