Amp Level+Save for Presets without Amp?

edwinstar

Hello!
Is there a way to program a Footswitch to add +1db to the Output Level and Save, for Presets that don't have an Amp Block in the Chain?
I think the Switch "Amp Level+Save" is very handy to quickly adjust Preset Levels during a Soundcheck. Unfortunatly as it's name suggests, it only affects Amp Levels. But i also have lots of Presets for Acoustic Guitar, without an Amp Block. And I would like to change those Levels as well.

Last edited:
This question is really for the Axe Fx III or FM3, not the FC... But that feature doesn't exist currently.

There's Output 1 Volume Increment and Output 1 Volume Decrement options in the MIDI/Remote menu that can be triggered either by an external switch or a MIDI CC message. You might be able to set up a Control Switch on your FC unit with a MIDI payload to send the CC message and then use a MIDI loopback cable to send that back from the MIDI OUT port to the MIDI IN port on the back panel.

There's Output 1 Volume Increment and Output 1 Volume Decrement options in the MIDI/Remote menu that can be triggered either by an external switch or a MIDI CC message. You might be able to set up a Control Switch on your FC unit with a MIDI payload to send the CC message and then use a MIDI loopback cable to send that back from the MIDI OUT port to the MIDI IN port on the back panel.
Thanks for your suggestion! I‘ll probably just use the performance knobs on the Axe for now, since my Midi in is already occupied and i would need a Midi Merge Box. Great Forum!

I have a similar question about adjusting volume. I have the Axe FXIII, FC12 and EV2. When I am programming the "Scenes" layout for the FC12, I would like to make the switch for each scene, to do a volume boost of say 10db on the hold function. I don't care if it happens on the output, input or somewhere in between, but would like to be able to hold down the switch to give a volume boost for solos rather than having to move to the EV2 for such an adjustment. Is this possible? I understand I could set up another scene, or maybe change a channel to accomplish this, but I am only a few days in and am uncertain about how this would be best accomplished. Thanks for any insight you can shed!!!

I have a similar question about adjusting volume. I have the Axe FXIII, FC12 and EV2. When I am programming the "Scenes" layout for the FC12, I would like to make the switch for each scene, to do a volume boost of say 10db on the hold function.

There are various ways to solve this, but using a Control Switch of Momentary type would be the way to trigger it.

I don't care if it happens on the output, input or somewhere in between

Note that you probably DO care.

Boost before the the Amp block is going to cause the amp to overdrive to some degree agree result in (most likely) less level increase than you want.

Putting it at end (after Reverb/Delay) will result in the trails changing level, which you probably don't want.

Putting it after the Amp block will give you a "pure" clean boost.

You can use the Control Switch as a modifier on Amp block Level, or to active a Volume block with the Level set where you want it, or a Filter block with Null type... Or any other block where you want to apply the signal boost.

There are various ways to solve this, but using a Control Switch of Momentary type would be the way to trigger it...

...Putting it after the Amp block will give you a "pure" clean boost.

You can use the Control Switch as a modifier on Amp block Level, or to active a Volume block with the Level set where you want it, or a Filter block with Null type... Or any other block where you want to apply the signal boost.

Hi, @unix-guy,

Would an external momentary normally closed switch be able to do this, if one changes the polarity to enable a HOLD function? I've currently got one external switch set up for a toggle, and am wondering if this might work for a momentary HOLD boost block?

Hi, @unix-guy,

Would an external momentary normally closed switch be able to do this, if one changes the polarity to enable a HOLD function? I've currently got one external switch set up for a toggle, and am wondering if this might work for a momentary HOLD boost block?
Regardless of normally open or closed, I think a momentary Control Switch should work the same.

Back
Top Bottom