Amp Input Boost Switch?

WITELITE

Experienced
I have a number of presets with the Amp Input Boost controlled by a switch. In the MFC days, I had set that to External Pedal 4 and then in the settings assigned a MIDI cc# to External Pedal 4. I then had the MFC switch set to that cc to turn it off and on.

Now with the FC, I think the way I need to do this is to change the modifier to Input Boost to a Control Switch and then put that control switch on my layout. The only downside to this is that I have to change the modifier in every preset.

Not a big deal but just wondering if there is a better (global) way to handle this.

Funny enough I could assign External 4 to an external switch which would take care of it but I don't think I can easily assign it to one of the FC switches.

Still learning so throwing it out there for perhaps a better way

Thanks

MM

You don't need a Control Switch... Unless you want the boost to persist across scene changes?

Just assign an IA switch.

I know FracTool has a batch setter tool. Never used it and not sure it works on Axe Fx III, but that's where I would start.

You don't need a Control Switch... Unless you want the boost to persist across scene changes?

Just assign an IA switch.

I know FracTool has a batch setter tool. Never used it and not sure it works on Axe Fx III, but that's where I would start.
Say more about an IA switch with the FC (Still learning). And OK with doing it across all presets if I have to but was looking for the best way. Seems easy with an external switch to just assign to external 4 and be done with it but that option does not seem to be available for the on board FC switches.

Thanks! IT's a great piece of gear

MM

OK so still challenged by this. Here's what I did.

I went into the MIDI menu and changed External 4 (what I had originally set for the Amp Input Boost) to a midi cc (say 53)
I then went to the FC menu and created control switch 1 with midi channel 1, cc 53, on 127 and off 0
I then put CS 1 on my footswitch. Nothing happens

What am I missing?

UPDATE

If I just ignore the midi menu (nothing for external 4) and set the modifier for the amp input boost switch to CS1 it works without setting any values for CS1. Is that the best way to go?

So I'll probably go with this though raises the question as to whether control switches can send midi commands and values to the axe as well for processing internally by the axe similar to the old IA switches.

MM

Last edited:
OK so still challenged by this. Here's what I did.

I went into the MIDI menu and changed External 4 (what I had originally set for the Amp Input Boost) to a midi cc (say 53)
I then went to the FC menu and created control switch 1 with midi channel 1, cc 53, on 127 and off 0
I then put CS 1 on my footswitch. Nothing happens

What am I missing?

MM
Control Switch midi is sent OUT by the Axe Fx, not processed by it...

Back
Top Bottom