AMP Head > Axe FX 2 > FRFR Speakers (for Cab Sim)

cyberfunk

Hi Guys,

I have an axe fx 2 with some atomic CLR wedges which are awesome, but I also bought a marshall 2525h and matching 2 x 12 but the cab is not exactly what I am looking for.

I was hoping to be able to use the axe fx 2 as an fx processor + cab simulator (using FRFR speakers) infront of the marshall 2525h so I could hear what the head sounded like with different types of cabinets so I could ultimately go and buy that cabinet to have both an awesome digital and analogue rig.

How would I go about achieving this?

Many thanks in advance,

Cyber

I think you need some kind of load box. Fractal has one in the works, but other companies have them. Two Notes Torpedo stuff seems quite popular.

Thanks for this mate, yeah I have seen people discuss load boxes, but I dont know how the presets would work without an amp block, like would the line out from the loadbox just go straight through to some input on the axe fx 2? also would there be a way to route it so I could hook the axe fx into the FX loop of the amp too?

...would the line out from the loadbox just go straight through to some input on the axe fx 2? also would there be a way to route it so I could hook the axe fx into the FX loop of the amp too?
Yes and yes. Search the manual, the wiki and the forum for "4 cable method" (4CM).

Back
Top Bottom