Amp gas due to Axe

aziz

Power User
I like Swart model in the Axe, and now there's an used AST-30 available in my neighbourhood... Awfully tempting. Have you bought any amps you first saw in Axe?

I know there are some on my radar if I go back to amps (5153, Small Box). One not in the axe is the jp2c.. I'm polishing my pennies for that one currently.

Uh, no. Part of the appeal of the unit was that it would stop me chasing new amps every couple months. If hadn't worked, I would have ditched it.

The only amp GAS I've had in the last 5 years was what to play my Axe through.

(for the time being I've happily settled on Matrix -> Atomic Reactor)

Just to add some balance here...
Yes- there are a couple of amp models in the Axe I would like to own for real.. one of them happens to be the Swart AST. I love what I'm able to do with that model, but part of it is running that amp model into different IR's vs. the "limitation" of the real amp w/ whatever speaker is in it.

Every time I think I get excited about playing through an amp and then do - I think, wow - I can get this tone through the Axe. Really no need to look any more. And I would rather spend that money on a guitar.

I got GAS, but unfortunately, not because of something I liked. I wasn't jiving with the synth block, so I GASsed for an external synth.

Totally!! Got to know some amp models in modelers which resulted in chase after the one that originated sound I was inspired by.

I bought a Komet K60, based on how it sounded in my Axe (and how it sounded relative to the Concourse model) and my love for the real Komet Concorde I had tried.

Yes I've been tempted to buy an amp based on an AxeFx II model - Vox AC15. But like a lot of guys have opted instead to buy guitars. One thing I think I will buy is an AxeFx XL+ b/c of the Black Friday sale. The thought of not being able to share in any of more of Cliffs 'epiphanies' is too much to bear! :D
Anyone interested in a gently used AxeFx II Mark I?

My Axe-FX has successfully killed pretty much any amp GAS I've ever had.

I suppose if I were crazy rich, I would buy amps that aren't modeled like the Diezel Hagen or the Tone King Imperial. Or maybe the Mesa/Boogie JP-2C since I love the Mark amps. But then again, they might just end up collecting dust!

Back
Top Bottom