Amp for Axe has a "Fixed 10k Ohm Balanced Input" -> any particular adjustments needed on the Axe ?

ben ifin

Experienced
Hey all

Just picked up a very used, 2nd hand, very cheap [ $35 ] no-name brand Class A/B 100w amp. Tested it with a digital music source and it sounds great - nice and flat and loud .... go figure :)

As such, Im thinking of building a small-powered-cab with it ..... the following however caught my eye on the actual amp.

On the Amp itself, next to the Amp Input [ Canon ] Jack, it says "Fixed 10k Ohm Balanced Input".

The Amp has no adjustments - variable or switchable - of any kind on either the input or output stages.

So ..... apart from not really knowing [ technically ] the pro's / con's of a " Fixed 10k Ohm Balanced Input " on an amp :( .... my question is:-

-> if I run from the Axe Canon " Balanced " Out in to this Amps " Fixed 10k Ohm Balanced Input " .... are there any changes / adjustment I need to make in the Axe settings to best match / optimize my Axe running in to this Amps " Fixed 10k Ohm Balanced Input " ?

Thanks,
Ben

I'm not quite sure I understand your question, but I'll attempt an answer. The XLR (cannon) balanced outputs are 600_ohm line outs and should drive 10K_ohm balanced inputs just fine with no special selections or adjustments other than simply selecting the correct output from the front panel menu. The fact that the input impedance to your amp looks "fixed" is not an issue and it simply means it is not adjustable I would speculate. Plug in and do your normal gain-staging and you'll be good to go. Others have commented here on the forum regarding how high they prefer the output-level on the Axe-Fx set.

Back
Top Bottom