Amp Default Settings Spreadsheet

I'm not grasping the "default settings" aspect of the title. The link seems to show the amplifiers, their manuals and home pages. I was thinking, from the title, you were going to be showing the Fractal Axe II advanced parameter default settings for each, perhaps by firmware, highlighting their changes through out time. It's a cool page, but I think the title of this thread doesn't match the content. Great work though.

I don't think you actually clicked on the link at the top of the WICKI page. Click on the link on the first post and then the "Amp Default Settings Spreadsheet" link at top of page.

I know this says that this is for 11b but curious how close this is to current 10.12?

The reason I ask is the Comp column shows 72% for a lot of models, which seems very high especially based on this quote from the manual:

COMP – Controls the amount of preamp compression. Most real models do not have measurable preamp compression, but players enjoy this control nonetheless. Use caution as extreme values cause “pumping.”

Also, I don't seem to see the drive, bass, mid, treble from the Preamp section.

Kevin

I know this says that this is for 11b but curious how close this is to current 10.12?

The reason I ask is the Comp column shows 72% for a lot of models, which seems very high especially based on this quote from the manual:

COMP – Controls the amount of preamp compression. Most real models do not have measurable preamp compression, but players enjoy this control nonetheless. Use caution as extreme values cause “pumping.”

Also, I don't seem to see the drive, bass, mid, treble from the Preamp section.

Kevin

I just purchased my Axe recently (after having to sell my last one to help pay for school last year) and upgraded immediately to 11b, so I'm not familiar with 10.12.

On compression, from another post and worth repeating:
The new parameters are as follows:
COMP = Cathode Threshold - Sets the compression threshold of the cathode follower. Higher value give more compression.
Cathode Ratio - Sets the maximum compression amount. Lower values give more maximum compression.
Cathode Time - Sets the time constant of the compressor.

Default settings that are the same for every amp are listed in the notes at the bottom of the page. I organized it this way to reduce the total number of columns.

Back
Top Bottom