Amp/Cab to QSC K12. What can I expect?

phydeaux

Currently running the Axe with cab sims on, into an SLA-1, then into a pair of ADA cabs with one Eminence Delta Pro 12 in each. The sound is good, but just not quite "there" yet for me. I'm thinking about switching to a QSC K12 to increase the portability of my whole rig, and to see what all the hype is about the QSC K series. Can I expect a noticeable difference in sound quality when switching from my current setup?

I just converted from an ART-SLA2 & 4x12 to the QSC K12. There is a considerable difference. I haven't had to do too much tweaking on my clean tones & the cleans are now much clearer & sound much better. Dialing in great hi gain tones has been a bit of challenge - you will need to forget about what you are used to with a traditional amp & cab (crank the bass & treb & scoop the mids & it sounds great). It took me several hours of pulling my hair out to realize this, but when I started going "outside of the norm" with my settngs & really started to dial in some great tones. Try turning the bass on the amp almost all the way down & try cranking the mids all the way up & crank up the low cut filters & try various combinations of cabinets. I'm finding that running one cab block in stereo & one cab block (using a different cab) parallel to it makes a huge difference & sounds great. Going FRFR has opened my eyes to how well the Axe can emulate all of the sought after hi gain tones.

Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom