Amp & Cab Quick Reference Guide updated

I loved the inclusion of the recommended & Eddie's knob settings for the EVH on the last page. I would love to see this done for the great player's and their trademark amps. E.G. - Jimmy Page's plexi settings, Slash's AFD settings, etc.

From the AFD manual:

"Slash has traditionally been setting all the controls around 6 in both AFD and #34 modes. However, depending on the venue or stage
acoustics, he fine tunes the controls usually finding his preferred settings between 5 and 7. The Power control should be adjusted to the
desired volume. Very low power settings tend to benefit from slightly higher gain settings"

From the AFD manual:

"Slash has traditionally been setting all the controls around 6 in both AFD and #34 modes. However, depending on the venue or stage
acoustics, he fine tunes the controls usually finding his preferred settings between 5 and 7. The Power control should be adjusted to the
desired volume. Very low power settings tend to benefit from slightly higher gain settings"

Thanks Yek, should have googled that!

Thank you so much for this. I got my axe fxII when axe edit wasn't availabe and now that i have it, i rarely use it, mostly cause i don't know how. again, thank you.

Superb reference document! Reading through it now.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to put this together. Wow.

I was looking over your updated reference and I remembered reading this post #99:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/72461-get-yer-11-0-beta-here-5.html

Very cool. Thanks Cliff.

So far I notice...

In v10
Pre tab Comp = Adv tab Preamp Dyn
In v11beta
Pre tab Comp = Adv tab Cathode Thresh

The old Preamp Dyn and Preamp Dyn Time controls are removed.

New control in Adv tab: Cathode Time
New control in Adv tab: Cathode Thresh
New control in Adv tab: Cathode Ratio

So this section in your reference may need a tweak:

COMPRESSION – Most models default to zero as they do not have measureable
compression. Other models have a non-zero default value which matches the
amp’s preamp compression characteristics. The time constant of the dynamics
can be set with PREAMP DYN TIME. Preamp compression can be used to
emphasize pick attack which is useful for certain musical styles.

What I like while reading the documents is that you give practical and interesting suggestions/information in the boxes in grey text, and it's a fun read all in all....very well done!!

Thanks, man! A lot of work, well done. :encouragement:

I absorbed your earlier versions of these documents, and will be doing the same with your updated versions this weekend. Great summary material, and gave me insight into a few things I might have missed, left to my own devices.

I was looking over your updated reference and I remembered reading this post #99:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/72461-get-yer-11-0-beta-here-5.html

So this section in your reference may need a tweak:

COMPRESSION – Most models default to zero as they do not have measureable
compression. Other models have a non-zero default value which matches the
amp’s preamp compression characteristics. The time constant of the dynamics
can be set with PREAMP DYN TIME. Preamp compression can be used to
emphasize pick attack which is useful for certain musical styles.

What I like while reading the documents is that you give practical and interesting suggestions/information in the boxes in grey text, and it's a fun read all in all....very well done!!

Nice catch, Stratoblaster! Corrected and uploaded. I'm glad so many are finding this guide helpful. And a big thank you to the wiki gurus, who do the real work compiling all this info.

Back
Top Bottom