Amp / Cab for Steel Guitar

kruzty

Inspired
Is anyone else playing steel (pedal / console / lap) through the Axe? I recently picked up an old Gibson console and have been using a Vibroverb model with a 1x15 IR. I was curious if anyone else has any amp/cab/settings you found to work well for steel.

Not a steel player....and I don't know of any presets....but it should be a simple preset...doubleverb(some big fender amp) to a 15". So I think you are on track...

One of the things it makes me ask is where is the jbl 15" in the fractal audio library? That speaker is THE speaker for jazz, steel guitar, fender Rhodes, etc.
I think it's called D140F...which was a hi fi speaker modified for higher volumes. My apologies if it IS there somewhere, I haven't seen it anywhere.
Anyway, I know the rockers love the 4x12 marshall/mesa cabs...but where is the love for us 15" stragglers? ;)

You might try the 6G12 Concert model.. stays clean and punchy w/ a ton of headroom vs. some of the other Fender models. Not sure on what IR to suggest though.. JBL-based IR's make sense, but I wouldn't limit myself to just those.

Back
Top Bottom