Amp block's "input select" ??

Dpoirier

Fractal Fanatic
I lost track... if I'm not using two amp blocks and if I don't have any stereo effects before the amp block, what should "input select" be set to? Left, or Right, or Sum L+R?

I vaguely remember something about using Left (because L+R would add a teeny bit to the noise floor), but I probably only dreamt that...

If input 1 mode is "left only" it doesn't matter.

It may not matter even with input 1 mode = stereo and separate guitars/outputs to In 1 L & R, but it could. Whether it does depends on if you've isolated and centered each guitar/signal in its own row before amp, for example with vol/pan or mixer blocks.

Keep it simple, unless you have a reason just use the default sum l+r. That is the way it was originally designed.

I would assume that if your just using the single L input that it doesn't matter if the amp block input is sum L+R or just L, because there is no R input, so sum of L + Nada still equals L

I suppose its possible this could add a touch of noise somehow, but if that is the case, and I'm not saying it is, I would imagine the amps would all default to sum L+R

I would assume that if your just using the single L input that it doesn't matter if the amp block input is sum L+R or just L, because there is no R input, so sum of L + Nada still equals L

When Input 1 Mode = left, the left input channel is used for both L & R channels entering the grid. That's why amp input select doesn't matter then, if you haven't done any stereo processing/panning.

L = R = (L+R)/2

I lost track... if I'm not using two amp blocks and if I don't have any stereo effects before the amp block, what should "input select" be set to? Left, or Right, or Sum L+R?

I vaguely remember something about using Left (because L+R would add a teeny bit to the noise floor), but I probably only dreamt that...

very strange that you've brought up this point as i've been thinking about it as well. and I also remember reading somewhere that changing the input to 'L' helps to reduce a wee bit of 'noise' / ' phase ? ' as well .... :)

very strange that you've brought up this point as i've been thinking about it as well. and I also remember reading somewhere that changing the input to 'L' helps to reduce a wee bit of 'noise' / ' phase ? ' as well .... :)

You may be thinking of Input 1 Mode. See above posts; most of the time amp input select doesn't matter. Exceptions are when using two input channels or placing stereo effects before amp.

Back
Top Bottom