Euro Blue
Plexi
Shiver Ld
Solo 100
Spawn Q-Rod
Triptik
Wrecker 2 or Liverpool

Last edited:
Loving the Wrecker 2 right now with a stock FW13 UltraRes Cab.

Pretty much default settings - only tweaks on Input Drive at 7.5, Master Volume at 7.5, Input Trim at 0.5, Boost & Cut engaged.

The biggest thing I had to change however was the Dynamic Damping - it was really squashing / muffling half muted / semi-percussive lower notes, so that's been raised to 9.75.

With that all said, it works great for me in my application and set up, but I've yet to find anyone else's patches that do - just too many variables

My advice...

1. Read Yek's list in the 2nd post of this thread and add the "Brit Pre" to that list.
2. Find a good 4x12 IR that you like. #103 (the Basketweave TV Mix IR) is a great place to start.
3. Try these amps/cab combinations with not a lot of eq or effects and you'll find a direction.
4. Leave a trail of bread crumbs... The rabbit hole is deep.

i'd recommend the plexi 100. it's such a classic sound. use the basketweave AX and green together. dime everything - bass, middle, treb, pres and master. turn bright off and set gain to about 3 or 4. turn on "cut" if you need to. instant tonal nirvana. you can also get really great results by keeping bright on, setting the tone controls on 6-7, pres on 2 and putting an 808 in front with a little gain and volume on about 7. such a great amp.

I've discovered Brit Silver recently, combined with 4x12 SLM Blue (OH). I put a Tube 3 knob (?) drive in front with drive set to 0, tone to max.

Back
Top Bottom