Amp block

Trazan

Experienced
Hi! Just got the Axe-Fx II and so far, after hours of fiddling, I've only played with two amp models. Jeeeez, what an amount of parameters :shock It's fun though, and I really like playing this thingy!

I also got a large box of sweet chocolate, and a handwritten note in Norwegian from Sussi. G66 knows how to run a business! 8) And btw, apart for some slight vibration noise now and then, the fan is pretty silent.

Anyway, after making some presets with 65 Bassguy and Cameron I went on to make a jazz preset, figuring the "Jazz 120" would be the Roland JC 120? That solid state thingy that works sweet for clean jazz boxes, but sound shitty with distortion. However....it acted just like the other tube emulations. No harsh breakup or edgy drive pedals going into it. Veeeery different from the JC. Is there something I'm overlooking? A setting somewhere that makes the SS amp a tube amp?

Last edited:
No? Nobody's using, or bother caring about that Jazz 120? 8) Unless I did something wrong the emulation was pretty far off...

Jazz 120 is the only model other than the real high gain ones I really stay away from. I personally think the L6 Vetta version was a lot more useable.

I find other alternatives like Fenders/Shiva Clean, etc.

Yes, I agree that the Jazz 120 is pretty far off. I didn't mess with it much because I love the Fenderish cleans.

Back
Top Bottom