Amp block XY Copy/Paste problem

Jemlite

How do I copy and paste an amp to Y in Axe-edit without changing the whole block? Every time I do it, it changes the whole block and I lose my X settings. This also happens when I use the Block Library... I can't figure it out.

I would like to copy an amp from another preset, and go paste it to Y of a different preset and keep my X the same as before. Thanks!

Right click on the X/Y buttons.

A block library file includes X & Y settings. You can't load just X or Y directly from library to preset, but you can load the block in any random preset (or Amp 2 if available), copy X or Y then paste to X or Y of target amp.

Cool, that works for pulling from another preset Thanks!..

What if I did want to load an amp block from the library to just one side tho? It changes the whole block makes sense to me why I guess, considering I am loading a whole block... but is there a way to add just a side from the library? Seems I gotta load that block into another location then copy paste it.

Cool, that works for pulling from another preset Thanks!..

What if I did want to load an amp block from the library to just one side tho? It changes the whole block makes sense to me why I guess, considering I am loading a whole block... but is there a way to add just a side from the library? Seems I gotta load that block into another location then copy paste it.
No, because as you said, you are looking a block.

Now, if you are not using two amp blocks, you could load the saved block as Amp2 copy the the X or Y to Clipboard and then paste to Amp1 X or Y, then delete Amp2.

No, because as you said, you are looking a block.

Now, if you are not using two amp blocks, you could load the saved block as Amp2 copy the the X or Y to Clipboard and then paste to Amp1 X or Y, then delete Amp2.
Or as Bakerman said...
you can (temporarily) load the block in any random (or blank) preset (or Amp 2 if available), copy X or Y then paste to X or Y of target amp.

Ahah.. I see.. All good ways to make it happen. A new Amp 2 copy/paste to Amp 1, then delete Amp 2 is what I was starting to figure.. But I really like the last method Bakerman; Copy X, then load library block, then Paste X back to Y and swap.. Thanks everybody!

Earlier I could copy the X or Y state of the AMP Block to AMP block another preset. With some update, the function Copy X to Clipboard works, but I can't incert it to another amp block. I did everything as usual, but nothing happens

Earlier I could copy the X or Y state of the AMP Block to AMP block another preset. With some update, the function Copy X to Clipboard works, but I can't incert it to another amp block. I did everything as usual, but nothing happens
That copies the X settings of the amp block which must be pasted into an existing amp block in a preset (current one or otherwise).

If you want to "insert" a new block you need to either insert a new block first or else just copy/paste the whole block.

What firmware and what version of Axe Edit?

You pasted with "paste from clipboard"?

I know it works in the most recent versions since I just did it about 5 times the other night while giving my friend an overview of his new Axe Fx.

Something to keep in mind when copying/pasting with Axe-Edit: You should go back through all of your scenes to make sure that they have the on/off and X/Y states that you want. Sometimes these will change when copying and pasting X/Y states or blocks.

Back
Top Bottom